At The University
- H-Net Teaching
H-Net Teaching. This site is intended to serve as a gateway to H-Net's extensive collection of teaching resources including teaching focused discussion networks, H-Net regional teaching centers, syllabi, links, conference papers on multimedia teaching, and web-based teaching projects.
- Iowa State University Center For Teaching Excellence
- McMaster University Centre for Learning (Canada)
- Michigan Tech Center for Teaching, Learning and Faculty Development
- Northwestern University Searle Center for Teaching Excellence
- Tufts University Committee on Teaching and Faculty Excellence
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln Teaching and Learning Center
- University of Kansas Center for Teaching Excellence
Teaching Oriented Sites
The purpose of EDSITEment is to offer a gateway for teachers, students, and parents searching for high-quality material on the Internet in the subject areas of literature and language arts, foreign languages, art and culture, and history and social studies. All sites linked to EDSITEment have been reviewed for content, design, and likely impact in the classroom.
- History Matters - The U.S. Survey Cours of the Web
Designed for high school and college teachers of U.S. History courses. This site serves as a gateway to Web resources and offers useful materials for teaching U.S. history.
- Harp Week
Educational Tools for Learning About the 19th Century World.
- Teaching The Journal of American History
Teaching the JAH uses online tools to bridge the gap between the latest scholarly research in U.S. history and the practice of classroom teaching. JAH authors demonstrate how featured articles might be taught in a U.S. history survey course.
- EyeWitness to History
Illuminating the past through personal narratives and other first-hand sources, EyeWitness is presented by Ibis Communications, Inc. a digital publisher of educational programming.
- Faculty & Research
- Graduate Program
- Undergraduate Program
- Courses in American Studies
- Events & Seminars
- Alumni & Giving
- About & Resources
Department of American Studies
University of Texas at Austin
2505 University Ave B7100
Burdine Hall 437
Austin, Texas 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: