Department of Economics Commencement
Saturday, May 20, 2017 | 9:00-11:00am | Gregory Gym | Speaker: The Honorable Julie Kocurek
Section Overview: Students | Family & Guests | University-wide Commencement
Graduating students are required to wear Academic Regalia.
- Undergraduates: Please order your regalia at the University Co-Op. The tassel and stole color is white.
- Masters: Regalia is available for loan. Please contact Kristen Hotopp for additional information.
- Doctorates: Please order your regalia at the University Co-Op.
Please arrive at Gregory Gym at 8am using the entrance on the ground floor of Speedway to check in for line-up.
- Undergraduate students will earn Bachelor of Arts degrees.
- Students will be individually recognized as they walk across the stage.
- A professional photographer will take pictures of students as they cross the stage.
- Do not bring valuable personal belongings, such as purses and backpacks, to the ceremony.
- Please turn off your cellphones during the procession and ceremony.
Gregory Gym doors will open at 8:30am for family, friends, and guests. No ticket is required.
Live Stream: The ceremony will also stream live online, starting at approximately 8:45am on May 20.
Parking garages and most surface lots are free. However, please do not park in spaces that require a parking permit "At All Times."
The closest garage is the Brazos Garage (BRG), 210 E. MLK Blvd., on the northeast corner of Brazos Street and MLK Blvd.
Mobility Impaired Guests
Accessible seats are available inside Gregory. Staff will assist mobility-impaired guests with seating.
A reception will take place immediately following the ceremony at the Glickman Conference Center (College of Liberal Arts Building, Room: CLA 1.302). You and your guests are invited to attend.
Texas Economic t-shirts will be available for purchase at the reception.
Saturday, May 20, 2017 | 8pm | UT Tower | Speaker: Chief David O. Brown
After the individual recognition in college and school convocations, degree candidates from all disciplines come together at the Tower for the university-wide commencement ceremony.
Graduating students are required to present a ticket for the Grand Procession. Free procession tickets are available at the Frank Erwin Center Red River Box Office and Texas Performing Arts Center Box Office with UT student ID. Graduate seating cannot be guaranteed without a Procession Ticket. Please secure your ticket in advance.
Please note: Guests do not need tickets.
- Graduating students are required to wear Academic Regalia.
- Graduating students will not be individually recognized at this ceremony.
Please contact Katie Foster at 512-475-8507 if you have any questions.
- Faculty & Research
- Ph.D. Program
- Master’s Program
- Undergraduate Program
- Courses in Economics
- Seminars & Events
- Alumni & Giving
- Online Store
Department of Economics
The University of Texas at Austin
BRB 1.116, C3100
Austin, Texas 78712
512-471-3211 (main) & 512-471-2973 (advising)
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: