Cinéma Français Today: Cannes Film Festival Essay Contest
Fri, February 5, 2010
WIN A TRIP TO THE 2010 CANNES FILM FESTIVAL
Trip includes FREE Airfare, Lodging, and Festival Pass (May 13-May 22) in Cannes for one UT Undergraduate
• Open to UT undergraduates under the age of 25
• Essay will be 1000 words, typed, in Word 97-03 DOC format.
• Essay will concern the film Little Senegal, to be screened February 8 at 7 PM at Dobie Theatre. The screening is FREE.
• You need not attend the screening to submit an essay.
• The essays will be in English (but practical knowledge of French will be required for the stay in Cannes).
• The first third of the essay will concern background information about the film, including but not limited to the director, cinematographer, and crew, and other related films. This portion should also concern the social or political context of the film.
• The second third shall include a technical analysis of the film based on cinematic techniques.
• The final third will concern your personal reaction to the film, its aesthetics, and its importance.
• Complete bibliography and notes are required.
• All entries are to be submitted to Jonathan Evans at email@example.com
• The essays will be judged by a panel of faculty and graduate students.
• Some competence in French will be necessary during your stay in Cannes.
• Deadline for submission is 5 p.m. on Monday, February 15.
• The winner will be notified on or after February 28.
- About CES
Past Conferences and Workshops
- Current Challenges in European Security
- Past Conferences
- Cold War Cultures
- Crisis in the Eurozone
- Comparative Energy
- Elites and Trans-Atlantic Crisis: A Symposium, 2012
- EU 101
- Funding Your Work in Europe
- Human Rights
- Identity Politics 2013
- Immigration Policy after 9/11
- Mass Media 2014
- Migration During an Era of Restriction
- Migration Conference
- Roma Tomorrow
- Sexual Citizenship and Human Rights
- Secession Redux 2013
- Spontaneity and Organization
- Texas-EU Summit 2012
- Transatlantic Intolerance
- Texas-EU Summit 2013
- Seeking Security 2015
- About Funding Opportunities
- Graduate Funding Opportunities
- Undergraduate Funding Opportunities
- Faculty Funding Opportunities
- Minority Serving Institution (MSI) Grants
- Requests for Funding
- Resources for Faculty
- Get Involved
- Visiting Scholars and Researchers
- UT Box
Center for European Studies
University of Texas at Austin
158 W 21st Street
Austin, Texas 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: