K-12 French Language Workshop: DATE CHANGED
Wed, May 23, 2012
This workshop has been moved from June 16th. The new date will be announced soon.
In the Fall of 2011, the Department of French and Italian at The University of Texas at Austin launched a new intensive curriculum designed to build students’ proficiency levels quickly in the areas of speaking, listening, reading, writing, and culture.
New components include:
* Greater emphasis on oral assessment
* Shift from discrete grammar testing to proficiency-based testing
* Series of new activities exploiting authentic documents
* Digital stories
In this workshop, Nancy Guilloteau and participants will explore the features of this new curriculum, and will discuss the benefits and challenges of a proficiency-based language program.
This workshop will be eligible for up to 5 hours of CPE credits and open to all K-12 and community college teachers.
9;00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Mezes 1.120, UT Austin Campus
Registration is required and will be open soon.
The workshop is funded by a grant from the Department of Education. There is no cost to attend and lunch and parking will be provided at no cost.
The workshop is co-hosted by the Center for European Studies, the Department of French and Italian, and the Center for Open Educational Resources and Language Learning (COERLL) at the University of Texas at Austin.
Questions? Please contact Sally Dickson at 512-232-4311 or email@example.com.
- About CES
Past Conferences and Workshops
- Past Conferences
- Current Challenges in European Security
- Cold War Cultures
- Crisis in the Eurozone
- Comparative Energy
- Elites and Trans-Atlantic Crisis: A Symposium, 2012
- EU 101
- Funding Your Work in Europe
- Human Rights
- Identity Politics 2013
- Immigration Policy after 9/11
- Mass Media 2014
- Migration During an Era of Restriction
- Migration Conference
- Roma Tomorrow
- Sexual Citizenship and Human Rights
- Secession Redux 2013
- Spontaneity and Organization
- Texas-EU Summit 2012
- Transatlantic Intolerance
- Texas-EU Summit 2013
- Seeking Security 2015
- About Funding Opportunities
- Graduate Funding Opportunities
- Undergraduate Funding Opportunities
- Faculty Funding Opportunities
- Minority Serving Institution (MSI) Grants
- Requests for Funding
- Resources for Faculty
- Get Involved
- Visiting Scholars and Researchers
- UT Box
Center for European Studies
University of Texas at Austin
158 W 21st Street
Austin, Texas 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: