Costs and Scholarships
The cost to each participant is $4,300. This fee covers room and breakfast in Paris, transportation from Paris to Lyon (train), housing and demi-pension (breakfast and supper) in Lyon, e-mail access at the University of Lyon, a local transportation pass in Lyon, and all program weekend excursions including transportation, hotel rooms, and breakfast and supper.
Student responsibilities not included in the fees:
- Round-trip airfare between U.S. and France
- Lunches and suppers in Paris, Lunches in Lyon and on excursions
- Registration fees for two courses at UT
- A valid passport. U.S. citizens do not need a visa, but some foreign students need one and are responsible for obtaining it
- Cell phone in France
- Medical and Emergency Insurance ($130) - Billed through UT Study Abroad
- $75 Study Abroad application fee - billed by UT Study Abroad on acceptance to the program.
Any student in good standing who will have completed a year of French (FR601C and FR611C) before the program begins and who has an overall G.P.A. of 3.0 may apply.
Upon acceptance, students may apply for need-based scholarships from the the College of Liberal Arts, Lyon Program and the UT Study Abroad Office. The College of Liberal Arts has typically allocated about $30,000 in scholarship money for Lyon Program participants. Thus, we expect to offer scholarships averaging close to $1,000 per student based on need.
In addition, We are pleased to announce the Solange Boutin Plangman Endowed Scholarship for the Lyon Summer Study Abroad Program. The scholarship was created by CFP Foundation, on behalf of its founding trustees, Sylvie Plangman Crum and Gary Thomas Crum, to honor the legacy of Sylvie's mother, Solange, and her love for France and the French cultural spirit.
Sylvie is pleased to help cultivate that same passion for French within students at her own alma mater, The University of Texas at Austin. The scholarship will cover all costs and fees for the program for one economically disadvantaged student each year.
The department reserves the right to cancel or modify the program at any time. Should the program be cancelled, participants will receive full refunds less expenses incurred, if any.
50% of the fees will be reimbursed for withdrawal prior to April 1st, 25% prior to May 1st, and none after that date.
- Faculty & Research
- Financial Aid
- Graduate Students
- Faculty by Area
- BA in French
- Minor in French
- BA in Italian
- Minor in Italian
- Student Resources
Study Abroad in Lyon
- Costs and Scholarships
- Study Abroad in Rome
- Courses in French & Italian
- French & Italian Online
- Events & Seminars
- Alumni & Giving
- About & Resources
- Center for Open Educational Resources and Language Learning
- Center for European Studies
- France-UT Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies
Department of French and Italian
University of Texas at Austin
201 W 21st Street STOP B7600
Austin, TX 78712-1800
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: