French Tutorial Center
Tutorial assistance with French assignments and conversational practice is available on a walk-in basis for current students. The French Tutorial Center is a free service for UT students, especially those enrolled in Lower Division French courses. The Tutorial Center is located in HRH 4.118.
We have four French Teaching Assistants working in the Tutorial Center for Spring 2017:
- Adam Aziz: Wednesdays 12:00pm - 1:00pm, Fridays 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Brendon Kaufman: Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- James Law: Fridays 12:00pm - 2:00pm
- Sarah Le Pichon: Mondays and Wednesdays 1:00pm - 2:00pm
There are many ways to benefit from the Tutorial Center; here are a few suggestions:
- Have a purpose in mind for each visit.
- To practice pronunciation, read out loud and have the tutor correct your pronunciation;
- To practice listening comprehension, listen to the tutor with your book closed and repeat what the tutor says.
- To practice conversation, have an idea of something you'd like to talk about, and have a couple of sentences or questions prepared to start with.
- To practice grammar and vocabulary, use activities from the text (review or current material). Have the tutor ask you questions aloud, without your seeing them.
- The center is staffed by TAs working in many different courses, so bring your books and course packet with you so the tutor can use your vocabulary and grammar.
NOTE: Tutors may answer specific questions and explain usage, but no advanced editing on compositions and homework.
Additionally, Le Cercle Français will be held every Friday from 3-4 in the Department Lounge, HRH 2.118. It is informal French conversation practice open to students of all majors.
For more information on the French Tutorial Center and Le Cercle Français, contact Nancy Guilloteau.
- Faculty & Research
- Financial Aid
- Graduate Students
- Faculty by Area
- BA in French
- Minor in French
- BA in Italian
- Minor in Italian
- Student Resources
Study Abroad in Lyon
- Costs and Scholarships
- Study Abroad in Rome
- Courses in French & Italian
- French & Italian Online
- Events & Seminars
- Alumni & Giving
- About & Resources
- Center for Open Educational Resources and Language Learning
- Center for European Studies
- France-UT Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies
Department of French and Italian
University of Texas at Austin
201 W 21st Street STOP B7600
Austin, TX 78712-1800
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: