Environment America Fellow - Application Deadline
Fri, February 15, 2013
Each year, Environment America hires college graduates with the passion, the commitment and the talent it takes to stand up to polluters, organize public support and fight for our environmental values. This spring, our early application deadline is February 15th.
Environment America works to advance the environmental vision and values we share—clean energy, clean water, wilderness and wildlife protection, healthy food and sustainable agriculture, and more. With nearly 100 professional staff, more than 1 million members, activists and allies, and affiliates in 29 states, we organize the support it takes to stand up to polluting industries and ultimately sweep past them.
Apply to be an Environment America fellow
As an Environment America fellow, you’ll get a two-year crash course in the nuts and bolts of environmental activism, organizing, advocacy and the type of institution-building that can sustain long-term battles.
Learn by doing
You won’t be rehearsing to make an impact—you’ll be making one. As a fellow you’ll:
• Plan and run grassroots campaigns: you’ll identify a policy or power-building goal, develop a strategy, then devise and carry out the tactics of your campaign.
• Organize town hall meetings: you’ll create events where constituents have an opportunity to make their needs clear and hold politicians accountable. You’ll also lobby lawmakers directly, learning to make a convincing case for our policy goals.
• Set up and speak at news conferences: you’ll create news events to get the word out about your campaign through the media. You’ll also meet with editorial boards, and get op-eds published.
• Run citizen outreach campaigns: you’ll build the power of your organization, learning to fundraise, manage staff and educate the public.
We’re seeking candidates ready to commit themselves to fighting for the environment. Being a fellow is not for everybody. It’s tough, demanding and the challenges never stop. We look for smarts, leadership experience, top-notch written and verbal skills and an eagerness to learn. We value experience organizing, including building campus groups.
Please see BTT Gateway for more information (Job ID 6760).
To learn more and apply visit jobs.EnvironmentAmerica.org. This spring, our early application deadline is February 15th.
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: