InfoTrust Group, Inc., Technical Editor, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7381
Sun, September 15, 2013
InfoTrust Group (ITG) is a premier provider of document management software and services that support key clients in the aerospace, defense, high-tech, healthcare, and publishing industries. ITG has offices in the United States and China and a diverse workforce with state-of-the-art facilities to succeed in a global marketplace. ITG’s Austin office is the hub of our Training and Documentation Services Department.
Check out our website to learn more about our company and culture. http://www.infotrustgroup.com/
We currently are looking for a Technical Editor to join our Austin team! We offer flexible hours, competitive pay, and a fun, relaxed work environment.
If you have experience and success in producing high-quality work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
• Edits technical manuals and training materials for grammar, clarity, and adherence to multiple customer-specific style guides.
• Formats documents to meet style requirements and evaluate overall quality.
• Works with technical writers and subject matter experts to ensure clear communication and interpret customer needs.
• Determines the appropriate level of effort for a given document based on customer needs and the time allotted for the project
• Stays on schedule while working on multiple projects
• Degree in English, journalism, or a related field
• One to two years experience editing technical documentation
• Proficient with Word, FrameMaker, XML/SGM, Adobe Acrobat preferred
• Ability to read, understand, and interpret written technical information, which may include engineering drawings, specifications, and change orders, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and change approaches or methods to best fit the situation
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
• Hard working with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Why pick us?
- Collaborative environment
- Training opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
- Sit or stand desks
- Free healthy snacks and coffee everyday
- Company events & teambuilding activities
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7381. Application deadline is 9/15/2013.
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: