Fulcrum Capital Holdings LLC, PT - Trade Desk Asian Support - Fulcrum Capital, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7402
Fri, September 27, 2013
Job Description: Fulcrum is looking for candidates to assist with its trading operations within Asian markets. This part-time position will be based out of the firm’s headquarters in Austin, Texas. To be considered, candidates must be fluent in Mandarin Chinese, Korean, or Japanese. The position will involve communicating with potential trade targets for both Fulcrum’s brokerage arm and internal funds and joint venture structures during Asian business hours. The candidate will also work with Fulcrum’s Dubai office for translation support and communication efforts to Asian counterparties.
About Fulcrum: Fulcrum operates as a boutique investment firm specializing in distressed and special situations investing, sales, trading and research. Fulcrum is a top tier player in the secondary market for distressed claims and other illiquid debt with offices in Austin, Dallas and Dubai. To learn more about our firm please visit our website: www.fulcruminv.com.
Hourly Rate: $40, negotiable depending on skill level
The position will require a minimum of three (3) hours per week with the opportunity for expansion in hours and potential full-time position. The position will require the candidate to work during Asia morning hours/Texas nighttime.
Fluency in Mandarin Chinese, Korean, or Japanese is required (first language preferred). Must be comfortable on the phone and have an aptitude for technology.
1. Conduct efforts for sourcing debt and equities by assisting with the formulation of contact lists, distributing marketing material to prospective sellers and contacting sellers directly through coordinated cold calling efforts.
2. Assist with translation support and drafting emails to Asian counterparties.
3. Assist in communicating with other person(s) within our Firm as required to liaison with counterparties to the trading & clearing process.
4. Build and maintain information support tools including contact and trade history data files within the Firm’s proprietary CRM application.
5. Perform all duties according to standards, procedures and policies as established by the Firm in its Procedures Manuel or other written or verbal guidance and in accordance with the various state and federal regulatory bodies.
Detailed Position Requirements:
1. Verbal and writing proficiency in Mandarin Chinese, Korean, or Japanese.
2. Availability to work during Asia business hours.
3. Moderate use of the phone will be required.
4. Maintain mature, professional working attitude is key because sales/counterparty contacts will be senior executives at large and mid-size corporations.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7402. Application deadline is 9/27/2013.
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: