Amazon.com, Business Analyst - Amazon Services Undergraduate Program, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7431
Thu, September 19, 2013
Are you interested in being part of a high visibility, strategic team that directly impacts the Amazon Seller experience worldwide? We are looking for motivated self-starters that can work in a fast paced, data-driven environment. The successful undergraduate will be an analytical problem solver, have an extremely high level of customer focus and a passion for process improvement.
As you launch your career as a Business Analyst in the Amazon Services organization, you will focus on improving the success of our third-party sellers on the Amazon platform. You will analyze sellers’ data, discover and solve real world problems and build metrics and business cases to improve the seller’s experience. You will have the opportunity to work for one of the following groups: Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), Marketplace, Sales or Seller Support. We are focused on your success and want to build future leaders within Amazon Services. You can expect a mixture of on-the-job training supplemented with focused skills development and formalized training.
Successful candidates will demonstrate our leadership principles: a bias for action; customer-centricity; flexibility; analytical ability; the drive to own, build, and grow; along with the ability to have a little bit of fun.
Responsibilities may include:
• Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
• Identify process and system improvement opportunities by monitoring existent metrics, analyzing data and partnering with internal teams
• Design and develop automated reporting solutions to enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions
• Supporting cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of the existent program implementation.
• Driving Seller experience enhancement projects
The expertise you’ll develop in the role:
• Ability to break down and solve complex problems
• Develop high impact solutions
• Translate massive data sets into actionable business results
• Drive scalable solutions
• Expand feature sets globally
• Build strategy on new businesses
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program with a completed degree by July 2014
• Work, internship, or other leadership experience in a professional environment
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word)
• Top-tier academic performance at the undergraduate level
• Open to all Majors but preferred: Business, Computer, Data Engineering, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Science, Statistics, Symbolic Systems
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Exceptional written and verbal communication
• Ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast paced environment
• Good organizational skills, including prioritization and time management
• Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Intermediate (e.g. vlookup)/Advanced Excel skills (e.g. Write/edit VBA)
• Basic to advanced knowledge of SQL
Learn more about Amazon’s Values by reviewing our leadership principles.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer
Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7431. Application deadline is 9/19/2013. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: