The Hartford Financial Services, Financial Leadership Development Program Internship, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7390
Fri, November 29, 2013
The Financial Leadership Development Program Internship is a challenging development experience for exceptional early career professionals that are interested in a full time career in the insurance industry. Our model is based on 4 key principles:
• Dynamic Assignments – You are assigned to a challenging work experience to develop your financial reporting and analysis, critical thinking and technical skills.
• Learning Framework – You will attend weekly training sessions and work on a team project to build your industry knowledge, financial acumen, and leadership skills.
• Individualized Development – You will meet regularly with your manager and peer mentor and are expected to network and build relationships in the organization.
• Accelerated Career – Successful interns will be offered full-time employment at The Hartford in the Financial Leadership Development Program.
The assignments are spread throughout the finance enterprise and support Controller, CFO and Shared Services functions. Each assignment is unique but offers a similar opportunity to build industry knowledge and develop your analytical and technical skills, including excel and TM1, a database management tool.
You are expected to complete a Capstone Project by the end of the internship. Throughout the summer you will work on a small team to resolve a current business issue and deliver your recommendation in a formal presentation environment.
In addition to attending weekly business, finance, leadership and personal development workshops, you are provided a book to read prior to the start of the internship.
Our goal is to make each intern’s experience informative, meaningful, and enjoyable!
• Pursuing degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Risk Management and Insurance
• Record of high achievement, self-motivation, ability to multi-task and solid work ethic
• Ability to analyze complex problems and think critically in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Minimum GPA of 3.3 preferred
• Graduating May 2015
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. The company offers a full complement of business insurance coverages, auto and home insurance, employee benefits and a family of mutual funds to help its customers prepare for the unexpected, protect what is most important to them, and prevail in the event the unexpected happens. Headquartered in Hartford, Conn., the company has approximately 20,000 employees located throughout the country. The Hartford reported 2012 revenues of $26.4 billion.
Throughout its history, the company has delivered on its promises to agents, brokers and customers, insuring some of the nation’s most historic construction projects, such as the Golden Gate Bridge and the Hoover Dam. The Hartford has also paid claims related to some of America’s largest disasters, including the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, the San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, the September 11 terrorist attacks, and more recently, Hurricane Katrina and Storm Sandy.
More information about the company and its product offerings is available at www.thehartford.com. Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford.
The Hartford’s biggest competitive advantage is its employees. We hire a broad range of talented teammates from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates who share our vision to be an exceptional company celebrated for financial performance, character, and customer value.
The Hartford is widely recognized for its service excellence, sustainability practices, and trust and integrity. The company has been recognized by:
• Newsweek as the 14th greenest company in America and No. 1 in the Financials category (2012)
• Human Rights Campaign as a 2013 Best Place to work for LGBT Equality (2012)
• National Underwriter 2012 P&C Producer Survey as the No. 2 Commercial Carrier (2012)
• GI Jobs as a 2013 Top 100 Military Friendly Employer (2012)
• Military Times Edge as a Best for Vets" Employer (2012)
• Ethisphere Institute as One of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" (2008-2012)
Visit our website to learn more about The Hartford’s recognition.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME? -
BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATION:
This position requires a thorough and extensive background investigation that will check your work history, criminal history, military service if applicable, education records, and any declared licenses and certifications. The Hartford prides itself on integrity and ethics. If made an offer, employment is contingent upon a successful background check. Please ensure that all information you provide to The Hartford is complete and accurate, including information on your resume and application.
Summer internship assignments are located at our Hartford, Windsor and Simsbury, CT sites. Interns may be assigned to any one of these offices. Interns typically work 40 hours per week, during the 10-week program. We offer free parking, an on site medical facility, and on-site fitness center. The locations also offer full service cafeterias, ATM machines, and many other conveniences.
To Apply: www.thehartford.com/careers using job number:
The Hartford is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
See BTT Gateway Job ID 7390. Application Deadline 11/29
- About Us
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Career Exploration
- Job Search
- BTT Gateway
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Law & Graduate School
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: