Software Advice, Inside Sales Software Analyst, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7979
Wed, February 5, 2014
Fast track your career by joining a quickly-growing company that's kickin' butt at the intersection of the Web, technology, and sales.
We're looking for someone who:
- Learns quickly. You don't need to be a software expert to work here, but you do need to be intellectually curious and genuinely interested in tech stuff.
- Is competitive. You are driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same.
- Works efficiently. You're a master multi-tasker. You can talk, type, walk and chew gum all at the same time.
- Has boundless energy. You can maintain the same level of intensity all day. You don't let rejection, long hours, or repetition drain you.
What you'll do all day:
- Make a lot of calls. There's no cold calling in this role, but most of the calls will be outbound. You need to come ready to call aggressively every day.
- Advise software buyers. You'll find out about their needs and their budget so you can recommend systems that will meet those requirements.
- Communicate companies' needs accurately. We want our software vendor clients to be able to pick up the conversation exactly where we left off.
You'll be measured on how well you:
- Hit the phones. We expect our software analysts to place a whole lot of calls each day. The more calls you make, the more successful you'll be.
- Make great recommendations. We get paid for making great matches between software buyers and software vendors. Quality is crucial.
- Find more buyers to advise. No one who requests a consultation should slip through the cracks. You'll follow up on older requests as well as new ones.
A few reasons why you might hate it:
- You're delicate. We gotta be honest, sometimes you'll get hung up on. Sometimes people might be less than cordial. It's just part of the job.
- You just want to heal the world. What we do helps our buyers a lot, but we aren't solving the world's problems. You've gotta be pragmatic.
- You live for the relationship building. This isn't account management. If you want to work with clients long term, you might be happier in another role.
And a few reasons why you might love it:
- You'll grow and learn a ton. You'll become a better business person as you immerse yourself in the world of technology and entrepreneurship.
- The work environment is amazing. Our SoCo office is insanely cool, open, and inviting. We dress casually and have fun while working hard.
- The team is even more amazing. You will work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. You'll be managed by the best too.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You'll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won't be just another cog in the wheel.
Visit softwareadvice.com/careers to learn more.
See BTT Gateway Job ID 7979
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: