Schneider National, Inc., Sales Account Executive, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8465
Fri, June 13, 2014
Sales Account Representatives attend team meetings, research companies and call or email national companies, managing their book of business to secure small and large shipment orders. They work closely with the in house Freight Brokers, who secure the drivers and ensure the shipments are picked up and delivered on time. Excellent communication, computer skills and time management are key in this role. It is a fast paced, fun and interactive position!
• Make initial contact with customers, introduce Schneider Logistics and our services to prospective clients, and build mutually beneficial, lasting relationships. Increase business with customers over time.
• Develop and maintain client relationships by providing transportation solutions and excellent customer service in an open office, transactional selling environment.
• Enjoy the opportunity to sell the industry’s broadest portfolio of transportation services.
• Establish a book of business that earns significant variable incentive returns.
• Manage daily load activities through discussion with customers and carriers to ensure superior customer service.
• Quote, negotiate price, and commit transportation services on the spot with customers.
• Handle incoming calls for all customers. Be a valuable resource for problem resolution, load tracking, and collection on invoices
Qualified candidates should possess:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-motivation to excel and achieve.
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to maintain motivation and energy for cold calling and prospecting.
• Great phone presence and communication skills with customers.
• Previous sales experience desired, but not required.
• Comfort-level with general to complex computer systems.
What makes Schneider Logistics a great place to have a career?
• Competitive base salary.
• Performance uncapped monthly commissions
• Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, disability and life insurance coverage.
• Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Flex Time.
• 401K with Company Match.
• High Energy, Fun, Team Atmosphere.
• Professional, on- going Training.
• Career Advancement Opportunities.
• We are a sustainable, environmentally conscious company, with a commitment to our communities
o This is a first shift position, Monday-Friday, typically 8am-5pm with extra hours as needed.
BTT Gateway Job ID 8465
- About Us
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Career Exploration
- Job Search
- BTT Gateway
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Law & Graduate School
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: