Gerson Lehrman Group, Senior Associate Program, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8780
Fri, August 15, 2014
Explore this position and the application instructions via your BTT Gateway account, Job ID 8780
What could you learn from the world’s leading companies? How could that exposure help you grow? Gerson Lehrman Group is seeking recent graduates interested in joining our Research team's Senior Associate Program in Austin, Texas!
Senior Associates design and facilitate the customized research solutions that our clients request, creating innovative approaches on each client assignment. They work directly with their own book of clients (up to seven figures worth of revenue) and report to the Head of their respective Research Team. We desire to know which respective Research Teams and Practice Areas are most compelling to our candidates. For additional information about our respective Research Teams and Practice Areas, please visit this link http://glg.it. We place associates within the respective Research Teams and Practice Areas where they will have the greatest impact based upon opportunity and business needs.
Research is the engine of GLG. Our research team connects clients to valuable human insight, drawing from a broad pool of experts including premier thought leaders and shapers of industry from around the world. Working in teams across a variety of industries, our Research team becomes the experts on our experts, helping our clients access the knowledge they need. Our employees are alumni of leading academic institutions and top-tier firms worldwide, with diverse backgrounds ranging from medicine and law to education. Those who work here are ambitious, leading-edge thinkers. You will gain access to incredible experience, insights and skills that will serve you during your career at GLG and beyond.
Senior Associate Program Overview: Approximately the first six months of your employment will consist of a training period as a Junior Associate. Upon completion of the training period, Junior Associates will be expected to elevate to the Senior Associate position.
• Complete fast-paced training program - Develop ability to execute custom projects – consultations, surveys, and special projects
• Learn how to establish and grow relationships with thought leaders suited to assist GLG clients with their research requests-Develop working knowledge of relevant industry dynamics - Learn GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of client engagements - Work collaboratively in partnerships to develop knowledge of client relationships –
o Understand client research workflows and objectives
o Oversee and manage client service process to ensure optimal satisfaction
o Recommend premium experts, products, and services based on each client’s specific research objectives
o Develop business acumen, time-management skills, professionalism, and communication skills
• Own full accountability and responsibility for select GLG clients by serving as a thought partner to design and deliver on custom projects – consultations, surveys, and special projects
• Work collaboratively in partnerships to ensure the growth and success of our highest priority clients.
• Establish and grow relationships with thought leaders suited to assist GLG clients with their research requests.
• Maintain substantive knowledge of relevant industry dynamics
• Implement GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of client engagements
• Support the efforts of GLG’s Business Development team to grow revenue through growth of existing business and pursuit of new business
• Mentor new Research professionals
Develop and implement personal strategies to:
• Understand client research workflows and objectives
• Oversee and manage client service process to ensure optimal satisfaction
• Recommend premium experts, products, and services based on each client’s specific research objectives
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
For this position, we seek applicants with bachelors or masters degrees from top-tier colleges or universities, or equivalent work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
• Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities;
• Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills;
• Passion for fast-paced learning, especially in a technology-enabled environment;
• Passion for sales and conversation, especially a successful track record in phone sales or outreach;
• Ability to communicate and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals;
• Undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.3 or better; and
• Interest in building a business and in all business-building related activities
Proficiency in any of the following languages a plus: German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean and/or Japanese.
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: