New York Life Insurance Co., Commissions Specialist, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8842
Sat, August 23, 2014
Explore this position and how to apply via your BTT Gateway account, Job ID 8842
This position is responsible for handling all aspects of Agents Commission Processing and to insure accuracy of commission payments for the LTC business. This role involves investigation and research of commission payments, updating Agents status in the LTC Policy Administration system and updating LTC Commission Policy Manual, as needed. Also, verbal and written interaction with key stakeholders such as NYL Agents, Agency Field managment and Home Office.
• Answer all internal (Call Center) and Agent inquires concerning NYL Agent Commissions. Explain established commission rules to agents and other department members.
• Process, produce and mail Broker Agent Commission payments weekly. Field calls and answer Broker Agent inquiries.
• Add/Remove Servicing Agents for pending and in-force cases. Make changes for successor agents. Add Part-time TAS Agents to database so commissions may be paid.
• Audit/Review commissions paid per Agent’s request and make appropriate adjustments.
• Review and correct Commission Variance Report. Regenerate commissions for problem cases. Verify commissions are correctly paid for Terminated, Closed, and Not-taken cases from accounting report.
• Work with Managing Partners and Office Managers on Agent Ledger commission issues.
• Recommend manual commission solutions and track offline in an Excel spreadsheet. Monitor and reverse once system generated commissions are paid.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Perform quality inspection of commissions processed work.
• Respond to complex or difficult questions regarding commission payments.
• Participate in the development of Accounting operating procedures for Commissions. Recommend procedural improvements to insure controls are maintained and updated as necessary.
• Assist with special projects and ad-hoc requests, as needed.
BA/BS is required.
-2-4 years of experience
-Comprehensive knowledge of policy provisions, related laws, and Company procedures desired.
-Superior accuracy and data entry skills required.
-Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills required.
-Strong analytical skills required.
-Service-oriented demeanor with excellent customer relations and professional telephone skills required.
-Must be able to work independently and as part of a team to support team Service Level Agreements and departmental standards.
-Must act with tact, diplomacy, and professionalism, exhibiting excellent interpersonal skills.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
-Must be accountable for own work, adaptable/flexible, and a fast learner.
-Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
-Must be able to successfully demonstrate strong working knowledge of systems modifications within 60 days of implementation.
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: