Texas General Land Office Geographic Information Systems Intern - Application Deadline
Fri, March 29, 2013
Paid and credit-based internship. $2,000 stipend for the semester and credit through upper division or graduate course (to be arranged by the student through your university).
General Job Description: GIS Intern will assist in the development, compilation, organization, analysis, and visualization of spatial data, aerial imagery, LiDAR data, etc. for the Coastal Resources Program. Initiatives include: Coastal Management Program; Coastal Erosion Planning & Response; Beach & Dune Management; Coastal Impact Assistance Program; Texas Beach Watch; and Hazard Mitigation.
The intern will play a key role in the Coastal GIS lab, with responsibility for entering and updating spatial data features and attribute information; analyzing spatial data, working with biologists, geologists, environmental quality specialists, and other staff to accurately plot the location of spatial features and produce requested products; designing draft and final map layouts; and compiling spatial information into hardcopy and electronic products.
How to Apply – Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
(1) a brief letter or email outlining your experience and interest in the internship, and specifying which semester you are applying for,
(2) a State of Texas job application: http://www.twc.state.tx.us/jobs/gvjb/stateapp.doc. Use the job title "GIS Intern" and leave job posting number blank. You do not need to sign the application if applying by email—we can have you sign it at the interview.
(3) your résumé with a list of all your relevant coursework (GIS, geography, environmental studies, natural resources, computer sciences, planning, etc.),
(4) at least two professional references (one academic) with email and phone number contact information, and
(5) at least two recent examples of maps that you have produced.
Email all application materials to the attention of: Scot Friedman, Texas General
Land Office, Coastal GIS, email@example.com.
NOTE: Email is the preferred method of applying. If you wish to send it via U.S. Mail, Fax, or hand deliver your application to our office, please contact us in advance to make special arrangements (firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-463-5144).
Application Deadline: 3/29/2013
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: