AIED Council Educational Technology Specialist Position, BTT Gateway Job ID 7093
Wed, June 12, 2013
We are seeking a certified Educational Technology Specialist who has background in teaching computer technology courses as well as integrating technology into curriculum and instruction. This individual must be willing to work cooperatively with other staff members as well as parents. While most responsibilities are delineated below, the individual must be flexible and willing to lend a hand when and where needed.
- Provide a nurturing, caring and supportive environment for students.
- Provide consultation, support and training to faculty for the integration of technology in curriculum, teaching and learning.
- Collaborate with teachers to identify and develop technology-integrated projects that broaden and enhance students’ learning experiences and enrich their understanding.
- Teach high school courses ranging from Computer Science to Microsoft Office Certifications.
- Write and implement units of instruction utilizing the Understanding by Design (backward design) format.
- Reinforce Literacy skills via learning projects and classroom lessons.
- Work with the Secondary Director on various aspects of "PowerSchool" the on line student information system. This will include the development of the school wide teaching schedule.
- Assist with the development of the school’s Accreditation plan including imbedding video and digital photographs into the narrative reports.
- Work with the ESL students within the regular class while maintaining an English only classroom and collaborating with the ESL teacher.
- Maintain a strong positive and informative relationship with parents.
- Prepare for and participate in all parent conferences.
- Work with the science department in the development of the after school robotics club for middle school students.
- Participate actively in staff meetings and accreditation committee meetings some of which are held after school.
- Actively engage in professional development during school sessions as well as during the normal school day.
- Occasionally cover a class for a colleague.
- Participate and/or lead school special events that may occur in the evenings and/or weekends.
- Coordinate instruction with other departments when possible.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Your Name – Position Name" in the subject line. In your cover letter, please state how you heard about the position. Application deadline is 6/12/2013.
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: