Hill Country Ride for AIDS, Marketing, Promotions, Recruitment Intern, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7190
Fri, September 20, 2013
The Hill Country Ride & Run for AIDS is the most successful single-city AIDS event in the nation and winner of the Austin Chronicle’s Best Bike Ride two years in a row! The Hill Country Ride for AIDS is more than just a charity bike and run event; it’s also a community of kindness and support. The Hill Country Ride for AIDS raises funds for ten local non-profits that directly support those affected by HIV/AIDS.
The Hill Country Ride & Run for AIDS would not happen without the dedication and hard work of a large team of volunteers. The numerous hours that our volunteers provide enable us to keep expenses to a minimum. We are honored to work with this amazing group all year, to not only make the Hill Country Ride for AIDS the best it can be, but also to make sure the money raised goes to help those who need it most.
As an intern you will get to work with our staff and volunteer production team members while working on activities and projects that will help us prepare for the big day of the Ride and Run event, which is typically on a Saturday in the last two weeks of April.
Our ideal candidate is someone who knows how to work hard and have fun at the same time, someone who is creative and flexible, and thoughtful when interacting with diverse communities that build supportive and lasting relationships.
What You Will Learn:
• How a small but growing non-profit works from the ground up.
• Experience working with diverse group of individuals and organizations dedicated to a cause.
• How a common interest (biking and running) can unite people from all walks of life around a common goal (fundraising for social service non-profits).
• How to have fun in your work, no matter how small or large the tasks, how calm or fast-paced the environment.
• How to develop and apply your skills sets in support of non-profit activities that benefit society.
What You Will Do:
• Outreach and Social Media:
- Compile lists of local organizations and contacting them about the Event
- Deliver materials around town and getting to know our beneficiaries and sponsors
- Attend fundraising parties
- Attend Marketing, Promotion, Recruitment, and Event Production meetings about the Ride.
- Maintain all social media outlets.
- Track donations
- Register participants
- E-mail participants
- Organize ride inventory
- Take notes for beneficiary, logistics, and production meetings
• There will also be potential opportunities for graphic design, so experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus, but not required.
What We Require:
• Interest in HIV/AIDS Awareness, Communications, Fitness, Marketing, Non-profit Management, Promotions, Public Relations, Recruitment, Social Causes, Volunteer Management, or other related disciplines.
• Must be organized, detail oriented and able to handle a wide variety of situations.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Convio, and Adobe Creative Suite optimal but not required.
• Experience with Social Media optimal but not required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with marketing, promotions, public relations, recruitment, demonstrated diplomatic skills, ability to operate standard office equipment in the office and on the go.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a diverse group of people. Creative and Flexible.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7190. Application deadline is 9/20/2013.
- About Us
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Career Exploration & Research
- Job Search
- BTT Gateway
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Law & Graduate School
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: