InfoTrust Group, Inc., Technical Writing Intern, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7361
Sat, August 31, 2013
InfoTrust Group (ITG) is a premier provider of document management software and services that support key clients in the aerospace, defense, high-tech, healthcare, and publishing industries. ITG has offices in the United States and China and a diverse workforce with state-of-the-art facilities to succeed in a global marketplace. ITG’s Austin office is the hub of our training and documentation services department.
Check out our website to learn more about our company and culture. http://www.infotrustgroup.com/
We are currently seeking a Technical Writing Intern to work part time in our Austin office. We offer flexible hours, competitive pay, and a fun relaxed work environment. This position does not require technical knowledge or experience.
• Assist in the planning, writing, and editing of technical publications and training materials
• Ensure the technical accuracy and quality by applying quality control processes and checks
• Learn and conform to each client’s writing style
• Work with subject matter experts to gather data for documentation
• Must be at least a second-year university student majoring or minoring in English, communications, journalism, or a related field.
• Intermediate Microsoft Words skills required.
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat and FrameMaker a plus.
• Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Ability to learn industry-specific and customer-specific style conventions
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
• Hard working with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
The ideal candidate should have a passion for writing, enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and can work at least 12 hours each week.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7361. Application deadline is 8/31/2013.
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: