Environmental Integrity Project, Legal & Research Assistant, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7368
Sun, August 25, 2013
The Environmental Integrity Project has an immediate job opening for a Legal and Research Assistant in our Austin, Texas office. The Legal and Research Assistant reports to the Associate Director and is responsible for the day-to-day administrative operations of EIP’s Texas office, in addition to litigation and research support. This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefits.
EIP is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to the enforcement of anti-pollution laws. We work with communities seeking the protection of these laws, and we work to block political interference with these laws. EIP has three objectives: (1) to provide objective analyses of how the failure to enforce or implement environmental laws increases pollution and affects the public's health; (2) to hold federal and state agencies, as well as individual companies and regulated facilities, accountable for failing to enforce or comply with environmental laws; and (3) to help local communities obtain the protection of environmental laws. For more information, please visit our website at www.environmentalintegrity.org.
• Support EIP attorneys by proofreading, assembling, and filing legal documents;
• Manage and maintain case files;
• Obtain and analyze pollution data and information from state and federal agencies, including monitoring changes to industrial permits online, through open records requests, and calling permit engineers and other government employees
• Work directly with outside vendors and contractors to pay bills, track expenses, arrange meetings and travel, stock office supplies, maintain electronic equipment, and keep the Texas office running smoothly;
• Interact professionally with EIP staff, members of other environmental groups, government representatives, and the public.
To be considered for this position, a candidate must:
• Be highly organized and detail-oriented;
• With limited guidance from his or her supervisor, be able to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines;
• Have initiative and problem solving skills;
• Be proficient with MS Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Advanced skills in Excel a plus.
• Willingness to research and troubleshoot tech issues. Being tech savvy a plus.
• Interest in environmental protection and a basic understanding of EIP’s mission.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7368. Application deadline is 8/25/2013.
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: