KPMG, Boston Winter 2014 Economic & Valuation Services (EVS) - Transfer Pricing Internship, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7447
Sun, September 29, 2013
Practice: Economic and Valuation Services
Locations: Throughout the U.S.
KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm (www.kpmg.com/us), is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG International’s member firms have 145,000 professionals, including more than 8,000 partners, in 152 countries.
Become part of KPMG’s global network, who work collaboratively with clients and colleagues in a way that we believe is different from other organizations. Drawing on the experience of our people and multi-disciplinary approach, we are able to help our firms’ clients to think beyond the present, see beyond borders and achieve long-lasting success.
At KPMG you can look forward to a broad and exciting career. You’ll be immersed in a global culture of learning, supported by some of the best training in the industry. You’ll benefit from collaboration with a team of committed and dynamic colleagues, and enjoy the opportunity to make a genuine difference in our firms’ clients’ businesses and our organization.
Our focus on global experiences means opportunities for international assignments and sharing knowledge across borders. Most of all, you’ll have every opportunity to make a genuine difference in our firms’ clients’ businesses and our organization.
We believe what makes KPMG different is "people thinking beyond". It’s why people work here.
The Economic and Valuation Services ("EVS") practice has nearly 450 professionals. EVS assists companies in meeting business requirements related to transfer pricing, valuation, and economic analysis. EVS professionals help clients make forward-thinking decisions about strategy, operations, and compliance and create long-lasting value. Specifically, services include transfer pricing planning, compliance and documentation, implementation, and controversy; business valuations supporting audits, financial and tax reporting, investment and capital expenditure planning, and expert testimony; and economic services such as public policy analysis, performance analysis, and statistical sampling and analysis.
• Assist other team members in analyzing competitive industry dynamics and financial conditions of peer companies, evaluating business plans, adjusting financial statements, and building cost allocation models (techniques include discounted cash flow analyses, Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM), market multiples methods and replacement cost valuation approaches)
• Prepare and analyze financial and economic data for tax and regulatory compliance
• Assist other team members in performing economic and financial analysis in support of business advising and regulatory controversy
• Participate in preparing analyses for due diligence activities on pending M&A transactions, public-company purchase price allocations, goodwill impairment measurement, international restructurings and private-company fairness opinions
• Assist other team members in performing valuations of tangible and intangible assets such as trademarks, developed technology, in process research and development, customer relationships, contracts, backlog, patents, covenants-not-to-compete and workforces
• Assist in report preparation, proposals and executive presentations
• Participate in interviews with senior client management
• Effective leadership and time management skills
• Strong technical ability to help meet business objectives
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid research skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment and/or independently
• Pursuing an undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting, Economics, Business, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics
• Experience or coursework in strategic transfer pricing studies, financial statement analysis, quantitative and competitive analysis, statistical sampling and econometrics, strategy evaluation and/or operational performance analysis
• Targeted graduation dates from December 2014 through May 2015
Our internship program is designed for individuals who have three or more years of education at the time they begin their internship.
Why an internship?
Internships are more than just a job and a paycheck. Internships offer you the opportunity to:
• Explore Career Opportunities - by working in the field you have chosen, you can receive an inside look at your potential career path
• Network - meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future
• Find Mentors - certain individuals can help guide you through your internship and expose you to opportunities that you can aspire to
• Gain Experience - these days, employers look for more in a potential hire than just good grades. An internship experience is an opportunity for you to gain valuable experience that can help make you more marketable to employers
What does KPMG have to offer?
KPMG strongly believes in the importance of internships. We have created an internship program that we believe is an excellent way for students to get an inside look at a career with an audit, tax and advisory firm. At KPMG, we view an internship as the start of a career.
The KPMG Internship Program
KPMG’s internship program is designed to provide you with a valuable learning experience. Since we view our internship program as a "stepping stone" for a career at KPMG, the programs and processes we use over the course of the internship mirror those we use for our full-time professionals.
• Professional Development – You participate in training during the first week of your internship. This training program can expose you to KPMG’s culture and provide you with a knowledge base to draw upon throughout the remainder of your internship.
• Client Service – After training, you are assigned to a variety of client service engagements for the remainder of your internship. These experiences can help you to gain a better understanding of KPMG and a career with an audit, tax and advisory firm. At KPMG, we feel that on-the-job experiences are some of the best form of professional development.
• Performance Management – At the beginning of your internship you set goals. To help you assess how you measure against your goals, you receive formal feedback from your supervisor at the end of each client engagement, to help you identify strengths and areas for improvement.
• Technology –Your internship exposes you to KPMG technology and how we utilize technology everyday in our profession. You are also provided a laptop to utilize for the duration of your internship.
• Networking –A number of social activities are planned throughout the internship program, allowing you the opportunity to bond with other interns and meet other KPMG professionals in a fun and relaxing environment.
• Compensation – You receive a competitive salary during your internship.
• Rewards – Upon successful completion of your internship, you may be considered for full-time employment with KPMG.
What is the timing for the KPMG internships?
KPMG has two structured internship programs. Both programs have the same vision and design. Some offices do make special arrangements if necessary.
• Winter/Spring – This program begins with training the first week of January and is a one to three-month program, depending upon your personal availability and the office needs.
• Summer – This program begins with training in June and is a seven to ten-week program, depending upon your personal availability and the office needs.
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation package.
KPMG. A great place to build your career.
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
©2012 KPMG LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership and the U.S. member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7447. Application deadline is 9/29/2013.