Texas Instruments, Human Resources FT/Intern, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7450
Thu, September 19, 2013
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
We have exciting intern and full time rotation program opportunities for students interested in a Human Resources role.
Take on challenging assignments and think beyond the ordinary. Work with leaders to ensure TI has the talent and capabilities needed to win in the highly competitive semiconductor market space. Are you ready to play a critical role in the company’s success?
In this role, you’ll work on important projects across a variety of business and functional areas. This provides the unique opportunity to see the breadth of things you can do in HR. Some of these areas and responsibilities include:
• Business HR Generalist: Align HR strategies to support business goals and objectives by working closely with the business group to assess HR needs, then develop and implement innovative solutions that drive organizational and operational excellence.
• Compensation: Design and deliver competitive compensation programs for TI employees worldwide. Projects often include analyzing TI’s market competitiveness and developing communication strategies to help managers make smart decisions.
• Ethics and Employee Relations: Help TI maintain its high ethical standards, commitment to social responsibility and strong employee relations. Projects typically focus on the development and support of key training modules, along with understanding and improving key processes and audits.
• Recruiting: Recruit talent to TI by engaging in campus recruiting activities, supporting marketing efforts, as well as benchmarking and/or managing the internal program committee.
• Talent Development: Provide relevant learning to improve business performance by developing and implementing development strategies driven by the needs of TI businesses and functional areas. Example projects include needs assessment for future training and/or supporting ongoing development programs.
Candidates applying for full time opportunities must have:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business or a liberal arts discipline (Plan II preferred).
• Minimum Cumulative 3.0 GPA, or higher
Candidates applying for internship opportunities must be:
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in business or a liberal arts discipline (Plan II preferred).
• Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA, or higher
The fulltime positions are open only to U.S. workers, including U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, temporary residents (individuals who have gone through the legalization program), refugees, and asylees.
When you join TI as an intern you tackle important projects early on. You don’t shadow. You don’t make copies. You dive into meaty projects right away that challenge you to find creative solutions to complex problems. You learn while you work and vice versa. And you get access to invaluable insight and mentoring from TI’s top leaders.
Global Rotation Programs
Trying to find your niche? Our Global Rotation Programs are a great way to explore different career avenues and find your perfect match. In the Human Resources Development Program you’ll experience two meaningful 18-24 month rotations, not simply shadowing, but providing an excellent foundation for career growth and advancement.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7450. Application deadline is 9/19/2013.
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: