KPMG, Houston Summer 2014 Advisory - Contract Compliance Internship, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7477
Sun, September 29, 2013
ADVISORY – Contract Compliance Services
KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm (www.us.kpmg.com), is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG International’s member firms have 140,000 professionals, including more than 7,900 partners, in 146 countries.
Do you have a passion for solving complex business problems? KPMG’s Advisory Services Practice focuses on fundamental business issues — managing risk, increasing revenues, controlling costs — that organizations, across various industries, should address in order to help them flourish. We help companies to identify and manage risks inherent in business processes and technology systems that support business objectives, and provide them with the information needed to help them meet their strategic and financial goals. Services are specialized to help clients mitigate risks across an overall risk spectrum.
Visit the KPMG Risk Consulting website to learn more about our services. http://www.kpmg.com/US/en/services/Advisory/risk-and-compliance/Pages/default.aspx
• Project a professional image of KPMG and provide high quality service to our clients
• High quality professional day-to-day execution of engagements and special projects
• Perform analytical reviews and conduct research
• Complete quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Serve a variety of clients within multiple industries
• Willingness and ability to travel as needed, at times with relatively short notice
• Ability to work onsite at client premises approximately 80-90 percent of the time
• Willing to work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
• Strong analytical and quantitative abilities
• Strong proficiency in basic PC applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with a general understanding of data analysis techniques
• Ability to participate within a multi-disciplinary team
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance or a Technology or Information Systems related degree from an accredited college/university
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Ability to act autonomously while being a team player
• Targeted graduation dates from December 2014 through Summer 2015
Our internship program is designed for individuals who have three or more years of university education at the time they begin their internship.
Why an internship?
Internships are more than just a job and a paycheck. Internships offer you the opportunity to:
• Explore Career Opportunities - by working in the field you have chosen, you can receive an inside look at your potential career path
• Network - meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future
• Find Mentors - certain individuals can help guide you through your internship and expose you to opportunities that you can aspire to
• Gain Experience - these days, employers look for more in a potential hire than just good grades. An internship experience is an opportunity for you to gain valuable experience that can help make you more marketable to employers
What does KPMG have to offer?
KPMG strongly believes in the importance of internships. We have created an internship program that we believe is an excellent way for students to get an inside look at a career with an audit, tax and advisory firm. At KPMG, we view an internship as the start of a career.
The KPMG Internship Program
KPMG’s internship program is designed to provide you with a valuable learning experience. Since we view our internship program as a "stepping stone" for a career at KPMG, the programs and processes we use over the course of the internship mirror those we use for our full-time professionals.
• Professional Development – You participate in training during the first week of your internship. This training program exposes you to KPMG’s culture and provides you with a knowledge base to draw upon throughout the remainder of your internship.
• Client Service – After training, you are assigned to a variety of client service engagements for the remainder of your internship. These experiences can help you to gain a better understanding of KPMG and a career with an audit, tax and advisory firm. At KPMG, we feel that on-the-job experiences are some of the best form of professional development.
• Performance Management – At the beginning of your internship you set goals. To help you assess how you measure against your goals, you receive formal feedback from your supervisor at the end of each client engagement, to help you identify strengths and areas for improvement.
• Technology –Your internship exposes you to KPMG technology and how we utilize technology everyday in our profession. You are also provided a laptop to utilize for the duration of your internship.
• Networking –A number of social activities are planned throughout the internship program, allowing you the opportunity to bond with other interns and meet other KPMG professionals in a fun and relaxing environment.
• Compensation – You receive a competitive salary during your internship.
• Rewards – Upon successful completion of your internship, you may be considered for full-time employment with KPMG.
What is the timing for the KPMG internships?
KPMG has two structured internship programs. Both programs have the same vision and design. Some offices do make special arrangements if necessary.
• Winter/Spring – This program begins with training the first week of January and is a one to three-month program, depending upon your personal availability and the office needs.
• Summer – This program begins with training in June and is a seven to ten-week program, depending upon your personal availability and the office needs.
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation package.
KPMG. A great place to build your career.
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
©2013 KPMG LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership and the U.S. member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7477. Application deadline is 9/29/2013.
- About Us
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Career Exploration & Research
- Job Search
- BTT Gateway
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Law & Graduate School
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: