The Hartford Financial Services, Financial Leadership Development Program, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7389
Fri, November 29, 2013
The Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP) is a three-year challenging development experience for exceptional early career professionals that are interested in a full time career in the insurance industry.
Our Vision -- Develop exceptional early career professionals into tomorrow’s leaders
Our Strategic Priorities --
• Dynamic Assignments – Breadth of progressively challenging opportunities in strategic business roles
• Learning Framework – Build industry knowledge, financial acumen, critical thinking and leadership capabilities
• Individualized Development – Exposure to senior executives and talent champions to accelerate personal development
• Accelerated Career – Independent, highly-skilled, competent, and sought-after resource at The Hartford
While a part of the FLDP, you will attain a high level of financial acumen, industry knowledge, and critical thinking and leadership skills. These core competencies will be developed through a multi-faceted curriculum and various opportunities, including rotational assignments, classroom and online learning, guest speaker series, special projects, mentoring and community activities. In addition, you will build an invaluable and broad network of friends and colleagues at The Hartford through work relationships and early career events.
• Pursuing degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Risk Management and Insurance
• Record of high achievement, self-motivation, ability to multi-task and solid work ethic
• Ability to analyze complex problems and think critically in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Minimum GPA of 3.3 preferred
• Graduating May 2014
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. The company offers a full complement of business insurance coverages, auto and home insurance, employee benefits and a family of mutual funds to help its customers prepare for the unexpected, protect what is most important to them, and prevail in the event the unexpected happens. Headquartered in Hartford, Conn., the company has approximately 20,000 employees located throughout the country. The Hartford reported 2012 revenues of $26.4 billion.
Throughout its history, the company has delivered on its promises to agents, brokers and customers, insuring some of the nation’s most historic construction projects, such as the Golden Gate Bridge and the Hoover Dam. The Hartford has also paid claims related to some of America’s largest disasters, including the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, the San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, the September 11 terrorist attacks, and more recently, Hurricane Katrina and Storm Sandy.
More information about the company and its product offerings is available at www.thehartford.com. Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford.
The Hartford’s biggest competitive advantage is its employees. We hire a broad range of talented teammates from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates who share our vision to be an exceptional company celebrated for financial performance, character, and customer value.
The Hartford is widely recognized for its service excellence, sustainability practices, and trust and integrity. The company has been recognized by:
• Newsweek as the 14th greenest company in America and No. 1 in the Financials category (2012)
• Human Rights Campaign as a 2013 Best Place to work for LGBT Equality (2012)
• National Underwriter 2012 P&C Producer Survey as the No. 2 Commercial Carrier (2012)
• GI Jobs as a 2013 Top 100 Military Friendly Employer (2012)
• Military Times Edge as a Best for Vets" Employer (2012)
• Ethisphere Institute as One of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" (2008-2012)
Visit our website to learn more about The Hartford’s recognition.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME? -
BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATION:
This position requires a thorough and extensive background investigation that will check your work history, criminal history, military service if applicable, education records, and any declared licenses and certifications. The Hartford prides itself on integrity and ethics. If made an offer, employment is contingent upon a successful background check. Please ensure that all information you provide to The Hartford is complete and accurate, including information on your resume and application.
When you join The Finance Leadership Early Career Program, you also become a part of The Hartford's enterprise-wide Early Career Development Program. The goal of this program is to develop foundational leadership skills in our early career professionals (ECPs) and to accelerate their career growth at The Hartford. Along with approximately 375 ECPs across The Hartford, you will participate in specialized networking and learning events, gain exposure to senior leaders, volunteer for special project team. This program will help you establish your pathway to success at The Hartford!
To apply:www.thehartford.com/careers using job number
The Hartford is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
SEE BTT Gateway Job ID 7389. Application Deadline 11/29
- About Us
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Career Exploration & Research
- Job Search
- BTT Gateway
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Law & Graduate School
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: