Regional Economics Model, Inc., Associate Economist, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7975
Wed, February 26, 2014
As an Associate Economist, your duties will include:
• Creating and pursuing business opportunities with clients.
• Developing analyses for economic policy studies.
• Writing reports and working on consulting projects.
• Planning and conducting seminars on policy analysis and economic impact modeling.
• Building business relationships with clients by phone, email and in-person meetings.
• Preparing proposals and consulting reports within tight deadlines.
• Exploring opportunities to develop new client relationships and enter new markets.
• Traveling to present REMI’s models and services (50-75% travel required).
• Extensive outbound calling.
Initial tasks will involve assisting in business development and marketing efforts while familiarizing yourself with REMI's impact analysis tools. Associate Economists will move on to assume independent responsibilities primarily focused on developing business across the US. Throughout the process, you will work closely with a senior economist at REMI. The Associate Economist's role involves significant multi-tasking and provides the opportunity to develop a comprehensive skill set including economic modeling, public policy analysis, proposal writing, economic consulting, and client communication.
REMI entrusts its economists with a high level of responsibility early in their careers and offers them the opportunity to present to senior government officials, network with departmental chairs at top academic institutions, and develop close contacts within the field of economic consulting.
Graduating students with an economics background are welcome to apply. The successful candidate must excel academically, possess good writing skills, demonstrate critical thinking skills, and have a strong proficiency with computers. Candidates are expected to be motivated, responsible individuals who work well with others while under little direct supervision. Because much of our work involves direct client contact, strong presentation and interpersonal skills are a must.
The Associate Economist position prefers a master’s degree in economics or business. A master’s degree may be substituted with a bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years experience in business, sales, economics or related field.
See BTT Gateway Job ID 7975
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: