Macmillan New Ventures, Sales Representative, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8061
Thu, March 13, 2014
Macmillan New Ventures, a branch of the well-know Macmillan Education company, is looking for smart, hardworking, and determined additions to their sales team! Ready for a new step in the right direction? This job is for YOU.
The Inside Sales Representative is expected to achieve daily call and conversation quotas that drive interest and sales of our products. The use of phone, virtual shared screen meetings, E-mail, and the distribution of sales collateral are all methodologies that the Inside Sales Representative will utilize to connect with clients.
• Identify, develop, and close key institutional targets in North America. Inside Sales Reps will assess and respond to individual professors and key administrator needs across assigned accounts. Information will be collected and responses assessed to determine the ideal product prioritized based on all engagement questions. Listening, understanding, overcoming obstacles, linking features to benefits, and providing ideal solutions that best meet the needs of the client.
• Actively and accurately manage company CRM tool. This includes, but is not limited to all customer information, contacts, sales opportunities, and pipelines.
• Plan, coordinate, and execute online presentations to faculty and institutional contacts throughout the year.
• Provide departments with post-adoption customer support and retain for future semesters. Serve as a liaison between customers and appropriate company support.
• Actively participate in sales conferences and meetings by sharing market intelligence, best practices, and ideas.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
The successful candidate should have a firm understanding and ability to connect and engage with clients using a consultative sales approach. The candidate should have basic data analysis skills that allow for strategic territory and forecasting assessment, efficient with understanding new technology, adaptable to change, self-motivated, and exceptionally organized. A heightened sense of urgency will occur during the Fall and Spring academic semesters. During these particular windows selling efforts are at peak levels.
• Preferred: Two years' experience in a sales role in technology or publishing industries
• Expected: Excellent customer service, work ethic, and time management
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Communications, Biology, or Chemistry preferred.
BTT Gateway Job ID 8061
- About Us
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Career Exploration & Research
- Job Search
- BTT Gateway
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Law & Graduate School
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: