Blanton Museum of Art, Public Programs Fellow, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8175
Tue, April 1, 2014
REPORTS TO: Adam Bennett, Manager of Public Programs
DATES: August 27, 2014 – May 21, 2015
COMPENSATION: $9470 stipend, benefits, and eligibility for resident tuition rates
DESCRIPTION: The Public Programs Fellow assists the Manager of Public Programs in the coordination, implementation, development, and evaluation of engaging and innovative public programs for adult and university audiences at the museum. The Fellow will assist in all aspects of program planning and efforts to expand the museum’s local audiences. This includes conducting research and providing logistical support. As a member of the two-person Public Programs team, the Fellow is given considerable responsibility and receives valuable work experience.
Graduate Fellows are invited to participate in a variety of enrichment activities at the Blanton, which may include professional development seminars, docent trainings, exhibition openings, public programs, and tours. Graduate Fellows also receive a discount in the Blanton Shop and Café, and free admission to B Scene.
• Assist the Manager of Public Programs in all aspects of public programming at the museum, including overall scheduling, facilitation, and coordination.
• Assume leadership for planning and managing select public programs, including but not limited to evening programs on the third Thursday evening of each month (Availability to work on each Third Thursday evening and several Saturday and Sunday afternoons is essential for this position.)
• Work with the Education department and other museum departments, primarily Visitor and Volunteer Services and Security, to coordinate public program logistics.
• Collaborate with PR/Marketing department and graphic designer to assist in publicity efforts and active promotion of public programs.
• Draft correspondence and process paperwork to ensure timely payment of all artists and vendors involved in public programs.
• Determine staffing and volunteer needs and oversee volunteers on the day of events.
• Maintain program files and budget information.
• Continue preparations for public programs related to upcoming exhibitions during 2014–15 and beyond.
• Graduate student in good standing at the University of Texas at Austin, making satisfactory progress towards an advanced degree
• Approval of the graduate, thesis, or dissertation advisor
• Must remain registered for at least 9 credit hours during the fall 2014 and spring 2015 semesters.
• Must maintain at least a 3.0 graduate GPA.
• BA, ideally in art history, art education, education, or related field
• Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Detail-oriented and able to write clear, concise business communication
• Availability to work on each Third Thursday evening and several Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND:
• Resume with education, employment history, and contact information for 3 professional references
• 1 letter of recommendation
• Short sample of academic writing (10 pages maximum)
• Cover letter addressing your interest in the position. If applying for more than one Graduate Fellowship, please include order of preference.
Submit as PDF (please no doc files) to email@example.com by April 1, 2014.
Please note: 2014-2015 Graduate Fellowships are dependent upon confirmation of funding.
See BTT Gateway Job ID 8175. Application Deadline 4/1
- About Us
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Career Exploration & Research
- Job Search
- BTT Gateway
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Law & Graduate School
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: