Lanyon Inc., Market Research Representative, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8340
Wed, May 14, 2014
Lanyon is the leading provider of content and spend management solutions to the travel, transportation and hospitality industries. Lanyon’s solutions enable corporate clients to increase visibility and management of travel spend, and enable hotels to increase revenue through lead generation and marketing solutions. Lanyon serves over 725 corporate clients and over 340 hotel companies, representing over 425 hotel brands and 93,000 hotel properties. Lanyon’s customer base includes 70% of the Corporate Travel 100, 50% of the Global 500, and 70% of the world’s hotel brands.
We are seeking driven Market Research Representatives to join our growing team. These individuals will be responsible for generating and managing high-volume, outbound leads and nurturing them to fruition.
The Reps will uncover, qualify and develop potential sales opportunities to be passed to the direct sales team, while promoting a synergistic environment between sales and marketing. They will communicate via phone or email with companies and professionals about their business needs and initiatives in relation to travel and events that they plan, manage, and run for their organization.
• Collaborate with sales and marketing departments to effectively coordinate and penetrate target prospects
• Conduct high level conversations with Senior Executives in prospect accounts
• Use Salesforce daily to capture data
• Attend off-site industry trade shows and events to generate interest in all products
• Completed or pursuing Bachelor’s degree
• Must be a self- starter with a proven track record of excellent communicative/strategic selling skills.
• Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Outlook and Windows applications required.
• Must be goal oriented.
• Great verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to navigate corporate structures to identify decision makers and determine buying process.
• Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive.
• Active listening skills.
• Ability to learn quickly and think quickly.
• Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit.
BTT Gateway Job ID 8340
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: