Center for Education Policy Research at Harvard Graduate School of Education, Research Analyst, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8434
Sun, July 6, 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Research Analyst II will be part of a growing team at the Center for Education Policy Research (CEPR) at Harvard University. Launched in 2008, the Strategic Data Project (SDP) housed at CEPR partners with some of the nation's largest school districts, school networks, and state education agencies to bring high-quality research methods and data analysis to bear on strategic and policy decisions. The Strategic Data Project’s mission is to transform data use in education to improve student achievement. SDP endeavors to do this in three primary ways: 1) conducting rigorous diagnostic analysis on teacher effectiveness and college-going success using partner agency data; 2) placing top-notch analysts as data fellows in each agency for two years; and 3) widely disseminating key findings and helpful tools to non-SDP partners.
The Research Analyst’s primary responsibility is to work, as part of a team, on all stages of executing the SDP Diagnostic Analyses on teacher effectiveness and students’ college-going success. Specific responsibilities include:
Data Analysis & Programming:
• Assemble, clean, manage, and analyze large longitudinal data sets derived from multiple sources:
o Evaluate data quality. Identify data outliers and anomalies that require resolution prior to analysis.
o Identify methodological challenges and resolve or elevate them within the research team
o Transform and combine data files
o Execute standard analyses and help develop customized analyses that address questions of core interest to SDP’s partner agencies
• Perform complex programming/analytic tasks with limited supervision
Partner Relations & Communications:
• Participate in presenting key research findings to internal and external audiences, such as SDP partner agencies.
• Draft reports and presentations for partner leadership, including school boards, superintendents, and principals.
• Build strong relationships with the staff and leadership of partner agencies. Provide problem-solving, technical, and research support to partner agency staff.
• Perform literature searches, summaries, and reviews in support of the SDP Diagnostics and other CEPR projects
• Collaborate with CEPR leadership, Harvard faculty, and partner agency staff to continually refine analytic work products.
• Contribute to the development of new projects and proposals.
BTT Gateway Job ID 8434
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: