Academic and Research Resources
- Brogan Reading Room (Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00)
The Brogan Reading Room, in WAG 312, holds the Department of Philosophy’s collection of philosophy books, journals and reference. The materials are non-circulating, but visitors are encouraged to take advantage of the reading room’s space for quiet study.
- The Philosophers' Index is the best place to find citations and brief descriptions articles by a given philosopher or on a given topic. You can have the results of your search emailed to you.
- Philosophy Journals Online allows you to search for articles in a wide range of philosophical journals, view them online, download them in pdf format, or print them. Included are such journals as The Journal of Philosophy, Philosophical Review, Ethics, and Mind.
- Kluwer Online Journals permits you to do the same with Kluwer journals such as Philosophical Studies, Synthese, Erkenntnis, The Journal of Philosophical Logic, and Linguistics and Philosophy.
- Library Catalog allows you to search the holdings of the University of Texas library system.
- Past Masters gives you access to many classic texts from ancient, medieval, early modern, and American philosophers.
- Episteme Links allows you to look for articles and electronic texts on a wide range of classic and contemporary philosophers.
- The American Philosophical Association Has lists of philosophy departments and philosophical resources.
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae is a valuable tool for anyone interested in ancient Greek texts.
- The writings of the Early Church Fathers, including the complete works of Augustine, are online in downloadable formats.
- Faculty & Research
- Areas of Study
- Graduate Program
- Undergraduate Program
- Courses in Philosophy
- Events & Seminars
- About & Resources
Department of Philosophy
University of Texas at Austin
2210 Speedway, Stop C3500
Austin, Texas 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: