Contact a Current Plan II Student
Below are the names of some Plan II student recruiters who are available to answer any questions you may have about life in Plan II, and other “insider information” you seek. These current students will be happy to share their personal impressions of Plan II, their decision process when they chose Plan II over other schools, their classroom and dorm experiences, their “extra-curricular” experiences, etc.
For instructions on how to apply to Plan II, please browse through our Admission pages, which direct you to official application information.
Feel free to ask them questions you may have about the Program, your decision to attend Plan II Honors, if they combine Plan II with another major or degree, or any other concerns you might anticipate as a applicant. Each student's double-major and/or dual-degree information (including pre-med and pre-law) is noted.
Please note: These volunteers are available to share their personal experiences as Plan II Honors majors at the University of Texas at Austin. They cannot assist future students in the application process or with any kind of registration advising. We want to be very sure every Plan II student gets solid information from our trained, professional admissions and advising staff.
FYE=first year entered (UT Austin and Plan II Honors); so.......10=fall 2010, and 12=fall semester of 2012, etc.
Student Contacts Pursuing Double-Majors in Liberal Arts
- Alexis Allen, Plan II Honors, Spanish minor (FYE 15) Business Foundations certificate,Texas Lassos, Black Student Alliance, Freshman Action Team, Plan II Student Association
- Nicole Bueno, Plan II Honors/Government. (FYE 12) Interests: Law and politics. P2SA Co-Treasurer, 2013/2014.
- Tyler Brown, Plan II Honors/IRG (FYE 12) Resident Assistant in the Honors Quad, Plan II Peer Advisor, involved in various organizations; including Liberal Arts Council.
- Eshan Dabak, Plan II Honors/Economics, Math minor (FYE 14)
- Sinthuja Devarajan, Plan II Honors/Psychology (BS) (FYE 12)
- Cecilia Handy, Plan II Honors (FYE 15), University orchestra
- Connor Healy, Plan II Honors (FYE 11) Forty Acres Scholar! Considering additional majors in History and/or Philosophy.
- Connor Hughes, Plan II Honors,Pre-med (FYE 12) Student Government, Research, Ultimate Frisbee, Hospital Volunteering, Earn Your Orange, Ukulele
- Lindsey Limbaugh, Plan II Honors/Psychology (FYE 12) Special Interests: Pre-Med, Study Abroad (Italy)
- Ana Lopez, Plan II (FYE 15) pre-med, interest in English as well
- Colleen O'Neill, Plan II Honors/Pre-med (FYE 12) Bridging Disciplines Program: Social Inequality, Health, & Policy. P2SA Little P's Coordinator 2013-14
- Shruthi Prabu, Plan II Honors (FYE 13), interests in Microbiology and Government
- Chessie Reese, Plan II Honors/Gov (FYE 15), Forty Acres Scholar
- Zachary Stone, Plan II Honors/Economics/Government/History and a minor in Accounting (FYE 12). I intend to go to law school. My interests include politics, debating (I am president of Plan II Debate), reading, travelling, cooking, hiking, and coffee.
- Lillian Wang, Plan II Honors/Psychology (BS) FYE 12
Double-Majors in Architecture
- Rachel Larson, Plan II Honors/ Architecture (FYE 12). Forty Acres Scholar.
- Hank Parker, Plan II Honors/Architecture (FYE 11) Business Foundations (Completed Halliburton Business Foundations Summer Institute) and Commercial Real Estate certificates through McCombs School of Business. I transferred into Architecture as a second-year student, so I am able to advise on the transfer process. Lived in Castillian Dorms 1st year; currently living in a house with fraternity brothers north of campus. Can advise what steps necessary to secure off-campus housing. Beta Upsilon Chi (BYX) fraternity. Austin Stone Community Church.
- Luca Senise, Plan II Honors/Architecture (FYE 11)
- Taylor Stumberg, Plan II Honors/Architecture (FYE 11) Other Academic Endeavors: currently pursuing "Environment" and "Social Entrepreneurship & Non-Profit" certificates through the Bridging Disciplines Program. She transfered into Architecture as a second-year student so is able to advice on the transfer (to another college, while continuing in Plan II) process. Other Interests/Areas of Advice: student housing (lived in Kinsolving last year; currently live in a housing cooperative in west campus), peer advising, Texas Ballroom, Alpha Lambda Delta and Phi Eta Sigma (ALDPES), the internal transfer process and my emphatic love for Plan II..... casually researching the impact of the comic book industry on society (and vice versa). I'm also casually researching the impact of the comic book industry on society (and vice versa)
Double-Majors in Fine Arts
- Hannah Rotwein, Plan II Honors/Studio Art, (FYE 13), 5-year program to complete a BA and BFA
- Leo Bevilaqua, Plan II Honors/Theatre, (FYE 15), Special Interests: Literary Journal, Theatre Troupe, Student Government, UT TV, Debate Society, Poetry Society, Screenwriting Alliance/Film Club
Double-Majors in Communication
- Jori Epstein, Plan II Honors/Journalism (FYE 12) Member of AEPhi, Daily Texan staffer, involved in Intrumural Sports, Chabad and Hillel activities
- Roopa Nagarajan, Plan II Honors/Advertising (FYE 15) graphic design, UX/UI, and managing time around all the movies I watch!
- Jordan Rudner, Plan II Honors/Journalism (FYE 12) Involved in the Senate of College Councils and H2O (Hunger and Homelessness Outreach, a community service organization.
Double-Majors in Natural Sciences
- Kian Azimpoor, Plan II Honors/Biology (FYE 11)
- Tiffany Chan, Plan II Honors/ Textiles and Apparel Design (formerly Chemical Engineering Honors) (FYE 12). Special Interests: Chi Kappa Phi Service Society, Texas Polo Team
- Kara Jencks, Plan II Honors/Biochemistry (FYE 12), pre-med, student triathlete, volunteering
- Penner Lyke, Plan II Honors/Plan II/Biology/Pre-med (FYE 12) In high school I was part of student council, many volunteer projects, on the football team, and a 2 year Varsity baseball team captain at a large 4A.
- Santiago Sanchez, Plan II Honors/Physics (FYE 13) I'm also in Health Science Scholars and premed and I think Plan II is the best thing ever.
- Bronwyn Scott, Plan II Honors/Biochemistry (FYE 13) public health, management consulting, undergraduate research, ballroom dancing, theater
- Jasmin Sheth, Plan II Honors/Public Health, Pre-Med (FYE 12)
- Helen Smith, Plan II Honors/Dean's Scholars Mathematics (FYE 12) P2SA Co-Communication Chair, 2013/2014. Interests: Pre-Law, Alpha Delta Pi Sorority, film, music, golf, current events
- Laura Zhang, Plan II Honors/Neuroscience (FYE 14), Business Foundations Certificate and the Evidence and Inquiry Certificate, Terry Foundation Scholar, as well as, a Polymathic Scholar, Additionally, I have an internship at the Center for Women in Law at the UT law school, and I am also a CNS representative in Student Government. In my spare time, I often volunteer at Austin Pets Alive! and am also a violinist in a service-rooted quartet called Project Soli
Double-Majors in Jackson School of Geosciences
- Susannah Morey, Plan II Honors/Hydrogeologoy (FYE 11) (transferred to Geology from International Relations in 2013) I have nearly completed a minor in African Studies (although I can't technically receive one) and I was part of the Plan II/KIPP Partnership last year. I'm thinking of writing my thesis on comparative education (between an American and an African city).
- Rose Palermo, Plan II Honors/Geology (FYE 12) Interests: Tennis, Travel, and Spanish. P2SA Co-Recruitment Chair, 2013/2014.
- Natalie Raia, Plan II Honors/Geology (FYE 12)
Double-Majors in Engineering
- Sam Blow, Plan II Honors/Civil Engineering (FYE 12) Interested in basketball, football, Greek life, music
- John "Trey" Curran, Plan II Honors/Aerospace Engineering (FYE 13)
- Julie Dorland, Plan II Honors/Biomedical Engineering/Engineering Honors and Pre-Med (FYE 12)
- Jana DSouza, Plan II Honors/Chemical Engineering (FYE 15) Special Interests:sports, reading, plan 2 books, American institute of chemical engineers
- Will Hoenig, Plan II Honors/Electrical Engineering and Economics, (FYE 11) Special Interests: Programming, Philosophy, and the Macroeconomy
- Zeyi Lin, Plan II Honors/Computer Engineering, minor in Gov, (FYE 13) Special Interests: Science and technology policy
- Aliyah McRoberts, Plan II Honors/Civil Engineering (FYE 11). Interests: sorority, volunteering, sports.
- Meredith Stark, Plan II Honors/Architectural Engineerings Honors (FYE 11) P2SA Officer; lived off campus first year (Scottish Rite Dormitory); studied abroad on the Oxford Program (summer 2012), hoping to use those classes for an English minor through the engineering school; officer in a spirit group, Texas Baseball Diamond Crew; went to a private high school; native to Austin. Participated in the Women in Engineering Program (WEP) and a First-year Interest Group (FIG).
Double-Majors in Business
- Averie Bartlett, Plan II Honors/Business Honors, Finance Minor (FYE 14) Special Interests: cooking, French language and culture, jewelry making, women's organizations on and off campus (Women's Business Association and Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity)
- Nicole Chu, Plan II Honors/Business Honors (FYE 12) Pre-Law
- Eshan Dabak, Plan II Honors/Business (FYE 14)
- Caroline Furst, Plan II Honors/Business (FYE 12)
- Charlotte Gunn, Plan II Honors/Finance (FYE 13) I am involved in the McCombs Leadership Program, Treasurer of the Chi Omega Sorority, and a three-year KIPP PlanTutoring volunteer.
- Natalie Parma, Plan II Honors/ Business Honors (FYE 12)
- Parth Patel, Plan II Honors/Business Honors (FYE 12)
- Laura Rathjen, Plan II Honors/ Business (FYE 14)
- Liz Schasel, Plan II/Business (FYE 14)
- About Plan II
- Visit Plan II
- 1st Yr Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Contact a Current Plan II Student
- Why Choose Plan II
- Comparing Plan II & Liberal Arts Honors
- Admission Notification
- Plan II Student Info
- Organizations & Activities
- I am Plan II
- First-Year Students
- Civic Engagement
- Public Health Program
- Study Abroad
- Career Information
- Worthington Essay
- Parents & Family
- The Joynes Suite
- Teaching in Plan II
- Support Plan II
Plan II Honors Program
University of Texas at Austin
305 East 23rd St
Austin, Texas, 78712-1250
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: