Dr. Alexandra Wettlaufer, Associate Director of Plan II Honors
Office Hours: CLA 2.102, Tuesday 1 – 4pm and Thursday 1 – 4pm, and by appointment only
Dr. Richard Reddick, Assistant Director of Plan II Honors
Office Hours: CLA 2.102, Tuesday 11am – 1pm and 3 – 5pm, SZB 310B, Wednesday 2 - 4pm, and by appointment only
Kaitlin Shirley, TC 660HA and TC 660HB Teaching Assistant
Office Hours: CLA 2.102, Wednesday 2 – 3pm and Friday 9 – 11am, and by appointment
1. Prepare: Read through the Plan II Thesis Manual and begin to formulate a general idea for your thesis topic. Begin talking to professors who have expertise in your topic of interest for guidance.
2. Propose: Download (or pick up in the Plan II office) the two part Thesis Registration form (Thesis Registration Part I and Thesis Registration Part II). Fill out Part One and bring it to a meeting with either the Plan II Associate or Assistant Director during their posted office hours (or email them to arrange an appointment time). Discuss your topic and supervisor ideas. If approved, have the Associate or Assistant Director sign Part One and then turn it into the Plan II front desk. This will give you the clearance needed to add the thesis course.
DEADLINE FOR PART ONE: the last Friday BEFORE registration begins (late October for Spring registration; mid April for Fall registration).
3. Confirm: Bring Part Two of the Thesis Registration Form to meetings with professors to discuss your topic and if they would be willing to work with you as a primary supervisor or second reader. Once you have secured agreements from both a faculty supervisor and second reader, have them sign Part Two of the form. Attach an updated resume and short paragraph describing your thesis topic. Turn in your completed Part Two to the Plan II front desk.
DEADLINE FOR PART TWO: The last Friday of finals during the semester prior to starting the thesis course (mid-December for Spring registration; mid-May for Fall registration). Students who fail to turn in Part Two by the deadline will be dropped from the thesis course.
If you are doing an honors thesis course through another department, complete the registration procedures required by that department and submit the Departmental Thesis form to the Plan II office by the fourth class day of the semester you will begin your thesis. See the Plan II Thesis Manual for additional information.
There will be no late thesis registrations, so plan accordingly! If you have any questions, please download the Thesis Manual or contact Katie O'Donnell.
Plan II Honors Thesis Database
Thesis Database (EID login required)
The electronic thesis database was started in 2007, though some earlier theses have been scanned and added to the archive. It's searchable by author, title, supervising professor, keyword, etc.
Other Research Funding Sources and Awards
Plan II Thesis Grant Information - for travel and expenses directly related to your thesis research
Plan II Travel Grant Informaton - for academic travel not related to your thesis
Liberal Arts Undergraduate Research Awards
Questions concerning Thesis Advising:
- Thesis Registration Form Part II
- Departmental Thesis Registation Form
- Progress Report - First Semester
- Visit Plan II
- 1st Yr Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Contact a Current Plan II Student
- Why Choose Plan II
- Comparing Plan II & Liberal Arts Honors
- Admission Notification
- Plan II Student Info
- Organizations & Activities
- First-Year Students
- Study Abroad
- Career Information
- Civic Engagement
- Public Health Program
- Worthington Essay
- Alumni & Giving
- News & Events
- The Joynes Reading Room
- Teaching in Plan II
- About Plan II
Plan II Honors Program
University of Texas at Austin
305 East 23rd St
Austin, Texas, 78712-1250
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: