Plan II First-Years' Materials:
- 2016 Orientation Advising Booklet - This packet contains Plan II Honors course descriptions. A printed copy will be included in the mailing entering first-year students will receive via USPS. Bring your hard copy with you to Orientation and to the Day One Plan II Honors meeting at 3:00 pm The College of Liberal Arts has also created an Orientation Advising Guide: www.utliberalartshandbook.com
- 2016 Fall Registration Guide - This packet contains first-year advising information, registration information, degree checklists and guides, test credit information and a whole lot more.
- 2016 Parents' Handbook - A printed copy will be included in the mailing entering first-year students will receive via USPS.
Voltaire's Coffee - List of Voltaire's Coffee's (details on registration coming soon, for questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the beginning of each Fall semester, freshmen and Peer Advisors meet in small, informal book discussions with some of the most acclaimed professors at UT—a part of a Plan II tradition called "Voltaire's Coffee."
Students should read the books for at least two Voltaire's Coffees during the summer and are encouraged to sign up for at least one. Plan II students in the P2SA choose the sponsoring professors, who in turn choose the books to discuss. The result is a delightful mix of books, ranging from the sublime to the entertaining, covering all areas of study, and a discussion that promises to be illuminating. If the book listed has a translation, please buy the one specified, as different versions can give different impressions.
Be aware that VC's will occur during the first few weeks of classes in the Fall semester; a few of them will meet before classes even begin. Please check the dates and times of the coffees and register early--they fill up fast! Reading list and registration details coming soon!
Plan II Freshman Convocation 2016 :: 7:00 pm :: Thursday, September 1st, 2016
Location: WEL 2.224
Convocation is a required event for all Plan II Honors First Year students. (The only accepted excuses for missing Convocation are scheduled UT classes and Texas Exes Scholarship Award dinners.)
The Plan II director, Professor Michael Stoff, special guest speakers and Plan II Students Association co-presidents address the students and welcome everyone to Plan II Honors. Representatives from all the Plan II Honors student organizations (from the Broccoli Project drama group to the Undecided news blog) will be there to help you get involved and busy.
The Convocation will begin at 7:00 pm. Most World Literature cohorts will have dinner together prior to Convocation (about 5:30 pm) so count that in your time commitment for the evening.
Plan II Freshman Getaway 2016 :: Friday, September 9th, 2016
Entering first-year students, Plan II peer advisors P2SA officers and Plan II staff travel off campus for a killer BBQ dinner (with veggie options), swimming, water-balloon battle, piñata, a Shakespeare performance, volleyball and other games. Shady Springs has big beautiful oaks and a lush lawn. They have a spring on the property so even when we are in "extreme" drought conditions, the grass is soft and green. There's a big "party barn," so even if it's rainy, there's plenty of room for fun.
It's quite a bargain at $60. $30 of the charge is for the Getaway (transportation, food, beverages, Shakespeare and fun); the other $30 pays for a LIFETIME membership in the Plan II Students' Association (P2SA).
Mail in the form(s) and check to the Plan II Honors office or bring the three forms and a check for $60 (or cash) with you to Orientation:
Plan II Honors
The University of Texas at Austin
305 East 23rd Street, CLA 2.102 G3600
Austin, TX 78712-1250
Cancellations and refunds: Cancel by Tuesday, September 6th. No refunds after this date.
Buses will leave at 4:10 pm from East Mall Fountain--the cul-de-sac at CLA--the College of Liberal Arts Building (where 23rd Street dead-ends into the East Mall.) The ride to Shady Springs Party Barn takes about 20 minutes. Buses will return you to the College of Liberal Arts Building (CLA) on campus at around 9 pm.
- Please bring: Comfortable, casual clothes. Shoes or sandals. Bathing suit & towel. Bug spray. Your game face: life happens.
- Don’t bring: Alcoholic beverages. Other illicit substances. Money or valuables (there are no lockers).
- Provided: Buffet dinner featuring Texas-style barbecue and vegetarian options, iced tea, lemonade and water.
- Be ready for: FUN!
Forms are also available at the Plan II front desk, just stop on by to fill them out (bring your insurance card with you).
- Visit Plan II
- 1st Yr Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Contact a Current Plan II Student
- Why Choose Plan II
- Comparing Plan II & Liberal Arts Honors
- Admission Notification
- Plan II Student Info
- Organizations & Activities
- First-Year Students
- Study Abroad
- Career Information
- Civic Engagement
- Public Health Program
- Worthington Essay
- Alumni & Giving
- News & Events
- The Joynes Reading Room
- Teaching in Plan II
- About Plan II
Plan II Honors Program
University of Texas at Austin
305 East 23rd St
Austin, Texas, 78712-1250
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: