Plan II Travel Grant Information
Spring 2017 - Travel Grant Application
Application opens: January 17, 2017
Deadline: March 10, 2017
For travel during Maymesters, Summer, or Fall semesters 2017. For winter break or spring 2018 travel, students should apply during the Fall 2017 round.
PURPOSE: Plan II Travel Grants are made to Plan II students only, for academic purposes such as:
- Attending an academic conference in your field
- Study abroad (any program, whether or not sponsored by UT)
- UT programs in other U.S. cities such as the Archer program in D.C. or Semester in L.A.
- Plan II does not help you pay for nonacademic travel
- Thesis-related travel expenses should be submitted via the Thesis Grant application. Please do not submit both applications for the same travel proposal.
NOTE: Plan II Travel Grants are not intended to cover the entire cost of your proposed travel or project. Only one type of grant will be awarded per student, per travel program or project.
WHEN TO APPLY: Plan II conducts two rounds of grant applications each year. For travel over winter break or in the spring semester, students should apply in the fall. For travel in the summer semester OR the following fall/full academic year, students should apply in the spring. For Maymesters, students should apply during the spring.
AMOUNT: Awards typically range between $500 and $2,000. In most cases, Plan II will pay only part of your costs for the trip. You must therefore seek funds from other sources as well, but your Plan II application must show all of your expenses for the trip.
SPECIAL NOTE - RESTRICTED TRAVEL: The University of Texas System requires all travel to countries with U.S. Department of State Travel Warnings to be reviewed and approved by the University's International Oversight Committee (IOC). Students wanting to travel to restricted regions category 1-4 must complete a Student Request toTravel to Restricted Regions form. We strongly advise students to complete this form during the program application process. Waiting to complete the petition process could result in a student not receiving a travel clearance or denial in time for departure.
Individual students concerned about this new policy should direct questions to their specific study abroad Program Coordinator before contacting the UT International Risk Analyst.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply using the College of Liberal Arts Online Scholarship Portal.
- If you have not used the system before, you will have to complete a one-time profile. Then you will see a list of scholarships for which you are eligible to apply.
- Look for the scholarship titled, "Plan II Travel Grant - Spring 2017" This application may be used for either academic domestic travel or study abroad.
- Visit Plan II
- 1st Yr Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Contact a Current Plan II Student
- Why Choose Plan II
- Comparing Plan II & Liberal Arts Honors
- Admission Notification
- Plan II Student Info
- Organizations & Activities
- First-Year Students
- Study Abroad
- Career Information
- Civic Engagement
- Public Health Program
- Worthington Essay
- Alumni & Giving
- News & Events
- The Joynes Reading Room
- Teaching in Plan II
- About Plan II
Plan II Honors Program
University of Texas at Austin
305 East 23rd St
Austin, Texas, 78712-1250
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: