Plan II Orientation & Advising for Entering First-Year Students
Mon, June 13, 2011 | WC Hogg 4.104, the Plan II Honors office (Hogg Heaven) and the Meyerson Room
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Plan II Cookies are a good thing!
Advising, course information and lottery.
DAY ONE, (when parents go to the BBQ), the 5:00p to 7:00p block is when we will have our big Plan II Honors students orientation meeting. That’s when students will choose their Plan II first-year classes.
We’ll have dinner for students on Monday, too. Plan II students will not attend the afternoon BBQ with their parents/family.
On DAY TWO, students will be advised by (student) orientation advisers, by Plan II professional advisers, and, if students have another major and/or college, they’ll be advised by advisers with that major/college too. Students will be advised to the bone before you register and then leave campus on DAY THREE.
Orientation is required of entering Plan II freshmen. Plan II participates in each of the orientation sessions offered by the Dean of Students New Students Services. An entering freshmen only needs to register and pay once for the UT Orientation. There is no separate Plan II orientation registration or fee.
- If you’re registering for tests during orientation, be sure that your test does not overlap with a Plan II Honors session on DAY ONE at 5:00 pm. It is not a problem to postpone tests until the fall semester. It is a BIG problem to miss a Plan II orientation session!
- Orientation schedule: http://deanofstudents.utexas.edu/nss/downloads/2011SummerFRSSchedule.pdf
Sponsored by: Plan II Honors Program
- About Plan II
- Visit Plan II
- 1st Yr Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Contact a Current Plan II Student
- Why Choose Plan II
- Comparing Plan II & Liberal Arts Honors
- Admission Notification
- Plan II Student Info
- Organizations & Activities
- I am Plan II
- First-Year Students
- Civic Engagement
- Public Health Program
- Study Abroad
- Career Information
- Worthington Essay
- Parents & Family
- The Joynes Suite
- Teaching in Plan II
- Support Plan II
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: