Plan II Wonder Weekend 2013
Mon, April 8, 2013
Wonder Weekend is an event-filled weekend planned BY Plan II students FOR Plan II students. We wanted to put together one amazing weekend to bring Plan II students together to celebrate what makes our Plan II community so wonderful.
THURSDAY – 4/11 FREE COFFEE IN THE PLAN II OFFICE
- Starting around 9:30 am, until we run out!
- Stop in to quench that Thursday thirst with some Einstein’s coffee!
PETER PAN MINI GOLF
- 7:00 pm – Carpooling to be arranged via Google doc by Ben Johnson (see facebook page)
- One round is $6. BRING CASH or CHECK—NO cards!
- Want more info? http://peterpanminigolf.com/
FRIDAY – 4/12 VOLTAIRE’S COFFEE with Dr. James Loehlin
- 6:00 to 8:00 pm in the Carothers Lobby (Honors Quad)
- FREE FOOD AND DRINK!
- Come hear Professor Loehlin discuss Shakespeare’s problem plays. The discussion will be accompanied by a performance of a few scenes from All’s Well That Ends Well. Professor Loehlin is the Director of the Shakespeare at Winedale Program and is a Plan II alumnus.
- Check out more on Dr. Loehlin here: http://www.utexas.edu/cola/depts/english/faculty/jnl2159
SATURDAY – 4/13 SPRING GETAWAY (with P2SA Candidate Speeches)
- 1:00 to 3:00 pm in the Honors Quad Courtyard! (P2SA speeches commence at 2:00 pm)
- Come enjoy an awesome grill out, help us wreck a piñata, see some sweet performances, and hear from your peers who are running for P2SA candidacy!
- FREE Hamburgers and Veggie-burgers will be served!
- 10 FREE Tickets will be given away to the Broccoli Project show, The Marriage of Bette and Boo (Sat, April 13 @ 7:00 pm)
- Possible performances by Spirit of Shakespeare, Broccoli Project, and other Plan II orgs
- Good times and revelry will surely abound! If you’re not coming… you’re wrong.
NOTE: P2SA candidates will give short campaign speeches at 2:00 pm. Get to know your potential officers! If you are running, it is STRONGLY recommended that you speak at Getaway.
BROCCOLI PROJECT PRODUCTION:
The Marriage of Bette and Boo
- 7:00 pm @ SAC Black Box Theater
- More details to come from Broccoli Project!
SUNDAY – 4/13:
PLAN II HONORS SPRING THESIS SYMPOSIUM, presented by the Plan II Honors Program
- 10:00 am to 5:00 pm in the new Liberal Arts building (CLA)
- Come out to hear the Plan II seniors present their thesis projects!
- No particular attire is required. No tickets necessary. Just show up for any thesis that you’re interested in hearing! All Plan II students are encouraged to attend Symposium.
- This is a great opportunity for underclassmen to start thinking about thesis topics and to see what a completed thesis project looks like!
- Full schedule and more information here: http://www.utexas.edu/cola/progs/plan2/news/6400
- About Plan II
- Visit Plan II
- 1st Yr Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Contact a Current Plan II Student
- Why Choose Plan II
- Comparing Plan II & Liberal Arts Honors
- Admission Notification
- Plan II Student Info
- Organizations & Activities
- First-Year Students
- Civic Engagement
- Public Health Program
- Study Abroad
- Career Information
- Worthington Essay
- Parents & Family
- The Joynes Suite
- Teaching in Plan II
- Support Plan II
Plan II Honors Program
University of Texas at Austin
305 East 23rd St
Austin, Texas, 78712-1250
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: