Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I apply if I am graduating (April or May) before the SURE program begins (June)?
No, students must still be in school.
2. Am I eligible if I attend a university outside of the State of Texas?
No, we are not accepting students from universities outside of Texas. Our current funding is restricted to Texas residents.
3. Am I eligible if I am a freshman?
Yes, students (regardless of their year) can apply.
4. Am I eligible if I am not an ethnic minority?
Yes, you are eligible to apply. Students from under-represented groups are strongly encourages to apply; however, being under-represented is not limited to ethnicity.
1. If I am not accepted this year, can I reapply the following year?
Yes, you can apply the following year. We encourage students to reapply if they are not accepted.
2. Is on-campus housing for non-UT students mandatory during this internship?
No, on-campus housing is not mandatory. You can deny on-campus housing and still be accepted in this internship.
3. Am I allowed to take a course at UT during this internship?
Yes, as long as the coursework does not interfere with your performance in this internship. Also if a course is taken you are responsible for tuition.
4. Should I receive a confirmation email that my application as been received?
No, but a statement at the end of your application will let you know it was received.
5. When should I receive a status update on my applicaiton?
Our goal is to have decisions made within 3 weeks after the deadline. You will receive a notification regardless of being accepted or not.
- Faculty & Research
Areas of Study
- Areas of Study
- Behavioral Neuroscience
- Clinical Psychology
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Cognitive Science
- Developmental Psychology
- Perception, Brain and Behavior
- Social & Personality
- Graduate Program
- Admission to Psychology
- Career Planning
- Resources for Undergraduates
- Research Opportunities
- Psychology 301
- Courses in Psychology
- News & Awards
- Events & Seminars
Alumni & Giving
- Psychology Advisory Committee
- Grammer Excellence Fund
- Jennifer J. Malin Endowment
- Pennebaker Endowment
- Hixon Fellowship in Statistics
- Burnham Endowment
- Iscoe Endowment
- Business Office
- About & Resources
Department of Psychology
The University of Texas at Austin
108 E. Dean Keeton Stop A8000
Austin, TX 78712-1043
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: