The deadlines for submissions for College of Liberal Scholarships are Feb. 21, March 1 and March 14.
February 21, 2010:
· Competitive Scholarship: for students with GPA between 3.25 and 3.7 and 30 hours in residence.
· Exchange Programs: For students going on an exchange program in the summer or fall
· The Martin Dies, Jr. Challenge Grant for Study Abroad: for Hispanic or African-American students in Liberal Arts
· UG Research Scholarship: For students conducting research or traveling to a conference. Minimum GPA 3.25 and 15 hours.
· Ward Fellowship: For graduate students doing research in Southeast Asia
Scholarship deadline: March 1, 2010
· Merit Scholarship: For students with GPA 3.7 or above and 30 hours in residence.
Fellowship deadline: March 14, 2010
· Graduate Research Fellowship-2: For graduate students doing short-term research or traveling to conference.
For these and other scholarships, visit the Student Affairs Web site to apply online.
There are many scholarship and fellowship opportunities available to students in the College of Liberal Arts through UT Austin offices. General information about these scholarships can be obtained in the Liberal Arts Scholarships and International Programs Office in GEB 2.200 or at 475-7586. Contact Priscilla Ebert for more information and referrals to other offices on campus concerning scholarship opportunities.
In addition, there are scholarships available through external sources (local and national organizations, foundations, etc.) Information about these resources can be found in the UT library. For information about loans and grants, contact UT Financial Aid.