- Log on to the COLA database with your UT EID (COLA database log-on page).
- Edit personal information and affiliation data for each departmental affiliation (each is separated by a blue bar; see Home tab) and click "UPDATE DATABASE"
* Please make sure to fill out: Biography, Interests, Office Hours, Office Location/Phone (if applicable)
- Faculty: Edit Course descriptions and syllabi (see Courses tab) and click "UPDATE DATABASE"
- Custom tab: Edit/add a custom tab for additional categories of information, such as Publications (see Faculty Spotlight below and Custom tab) and click "UPDATE DATABASE"
- Confirm your changes by viewing your profile from the department web site.
Updating Your Slavic Department/CREEES Website Profile
To access your profile, go to the COLA database at: www.utexas.edu/cola/_db
(UT EID and password required. Bookmark this page for easy access later!)
For faculty and graduate student web profiles
The UT College of Liberal Arts (COLA) provides each faculty member and graduate student with a profile page (see our Faculty List and Graduate Student List) that allows them to maintain their professional information in a single location. That information can then be displayed on any COLA website with which the faculty or graduate student is affiliated.
Your profile on the Slavic Department/CREEES website promotes you, your work, and the Department/Center as a whole. When prospective students, employers and funders are searching for information about UT, COLA data shows that more than not, they go to the department of interest's website first. Once there, the most clicked-on pages of each department are the Faculty pages and the Graduate Student pages. Visitors want to see who the faculty are, what their research interests are, and what the graduate students are working on. Please make sure your page is filled out and kept updated.
LAITS (Liberal Arts Instructional Technology Services) provides easy-to-follow instructions with videos on how to update COLA website profiles. Please note that although these instructions refer to faculty, the same information applies to graduate student web profiles, as well.
Be sure to click on the blue "UPDATE DATABASE" button at the bottom of each page or your changes will not be saved!
Please make sure your interests,* office hours, office location and phone number are filled out in the appropriate boxes, and that your CV is attached and current.
External Links (found at the bottom of the database page) can be added to link to personal websites (outside of UT) and/or other websites related to your work. It could even be your social media accounts (if professional). These links will show up in a column on the right side of your profile under the header "External Links".
Custom Tabs can be added to add extra pages within your profile. These can include publications,* research, media, photos, etc. The "Courses" tab is automatically created for faculty and filled in by the database. These will show up as links on the right side of your profile under the header "Profile". In the database, each "tab" created will show up as a tab at the top of your page, making that page easily accesible for editing.
It is especially important for faculty to fill out the "Interests" box and create a "Publications" tab.
The front page of the Department/CREEES website has a Faculty Spotlight area (right side, beneath the main photo) that randomly chooses a faculty member each time the page is refreshed, pulling their information from your profile in the COLA database. The Spotlight automatically pulls into it the contents of the "Interests" box. If your "Interests" box is empty, this area will be blank when you are randomly highlighted in the Spotlight.
The Faculty Spotlight also automatically publishes links to "Publications" and "Courses". If you do not have a tab called "Publications," this link will go to a blank page on your profile. So, please be sure you have created a "Publications" tab and have listed your publications there.
Please make sure you have a photo with your profile! To update or add a photo to your profile, please email your photo to Tamara Kowalski. Please make sure your photo is not less than 500 pixels wide, and preferably at least 600px wide.
Preferred photograph style (from COLA):
- Large portraits that appear clear and crisp are easy for us to work with, and the final id's made from these will have a professional polished look on the web.
- It is our preference that the smallest dimension for photos be: width= 600 pixels (at 72 dpi)
- We will accept wider or narrower images & prefer that images not be less than 500 pixels wide.
When to expect your photo to be on the website:
- Photos received during the 1st to the 15th in a month will usually be up by the end of that month.
- Photos received during the 16th to the end of the month will usually be up by the middle of the following month.
If you need a photo taken for your profile, please contact Tamara Kowalski to request a photoshoot.
Questions can be directed to the Slavic Department/CREEES web contact, Tamara Kowalski.
- Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
- Faculty | Research
- Graduate Program
- Undergraduate Program
- Events | Seminars
- Scholarships | Funding
- International Programs
- Public Outreach
- Alumni | Giving
- About | Resources
Department of Slavic and Eurasian Studies
The University of Texas at Austin
2505 University Avenue, Stop F3600
Burdine Hall 452
Austin, TX 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: