CREEES is the Recipient of Two New Grants from the US Department of Education
Sat, October 6, 2012
The Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad (GPA) Program in the U.S. Department of Education has awarded a $92,000 grant to the Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies at The University of Texas for a four-week study seminar in Siberia. GPA is funding 62% of the total cost of the $149,484 program, with the remaining 38% funded by the university.
“Siberian Voices: Mapping Culture, Environment, and Everyday Life in Irkutsk, Ulan-Ude, and Kyzyl” will take place from June 15-July 15, 2013.
More details and an application can be found at:
Additionally, the Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program has awarded CREEES $152,000 for the first year of a four-year program for summer study in Moscow. The 10-week “Moscow-Texas Connections” program will take place at the prestigious Higher School of Economics in Moscow.
Details on the Moscow-Texas Connections program can be found at:
For information on recently-awarded Fulbright-Hays International Education Projects visit:
The Department of Education Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program provides grants to support overseas projects in training, research, and curriculum development in modern foreign languages and area studies for teachers, students, and faculty engaged in a common endeavor. Projects may include short-term seminars, curriculum development, group research or study, or advanced intensive language programs.
For more information on the Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program, please visit http://www2.ed.gov/programs/iegpsgpa/index.html.
- Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
- Faculty | Research
- Graduate Program
- Undergraduate Program
- Events | Seminars
- Scholarships | Funding
- International Programs
- Public Outreach
- Alumni | Giving
- About | Resources
Department of Slavic and Eurasian Studies
The University of Texas at Austin
2505 University Avenue, Stop F3600
Burdine Hall 452
Austin, TX 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: