About CREEES Outreach
The Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies (CREEES) Outreach Program has been working to enhance knowledge and understanding of Russia, Eastern Europe and Eurasia and its component cultures, histories, and languages in K-12 and post-secondary schools, businesses, civic and nonprofit organizations, the media, and the general public since the mid-1980s.
The Outreach Program brings the resources of the Center to schools and the community locally and state-wide through a variety of avenues, including:
- Lesson Plan Development Grant, available to in-service teachers and advanced grad students
- Tutors, Translators, and Interpreters, who asked the department to be listed as resources. The Department does not endorse/assume responsibility for any of these resources.
- Cultural and academic events open to the public;
- K-12 curriculum material development;
- A multi-media resource lending library, through which materials are loaned free of charge to users nationwide;
- Workshops for educators both on campus and on-site around the state of Texas;
- Academic talks featuring members of the Slavic & Eurasian faculty, as well as visiting scholars giving general interest talks directed at university faculty and students, non-specialists, educators and the public at large;
- Educational study tours to our region for K-12 educators;
- And much more!
As an active member of Hemispheres, the International Area Studies Outreach Consortium in the College of Liberal Arts, our program participates in the coordination of outreach efforts with K-12 and pre-service teachers nationwide.
Photo Galleries: Check out our gallery of photos from past CREEES events.
As community engagement coordinator, Allegra supervises the Center’s outreach efforts, as well the acquisition of new materials and the supervision of the lending and resource room libraries.
Photo by Flickr user "Rabbit in South" under CC License
- Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
- Faculty | Research
- Graduate Program
- Undergraduate Program
- Events | Seminars
- Scholarships | Funding
- International Programs
- Public Outreach
- Alumni | Giving
- About | Resources
Department of Slavic and Eurasian Studies
The University of Texas at Austin
2505 University Avenue, Stop F3600
Burdine Hall 452
Austin, TX 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: