Administrative and Academic Resources for Faculty
Faculty Web Profile
5. HB 2504 – Uploading Course Syllabi and CVs
6. Faculty Activity Report
7. Course Management and Scheduling
8. Travel and Reimbursements
9. Other Administrative Resources
- Desktop Support
- Room Reservations
- Trouble and Maintenance Reports
- Business Cards
- Liberal Arts Faculty Resources
- Family-Friendly Policies
- University Policies
Faculty are strongly encouraged to order office supplies through Kevin Hsu. The University has a standing contract with Office Depot and is unable to reimburse purchases made with other vendors. Please use the online Office Depot catalog for product numbers when making requests so staff can be sure to get exactly what is needed. Furniture and equipment must be purchased with the Procard. Please see Julie Kniseley for Procard purchases. A list of disallowed purchases and vendors can be found in the Procard Policies and Guidelines.
Computer, monitor, printer, and software purchase requests must be cleared first with Julie Kniseley or Kevin Hsu. All purchases must be approved before purchase. Typical turn-around time is 1-5 days. Computers purchased on University funds are University property and must be tagged for inventory by inventory staff, even if purchased with research grant funds. Limited computer and computer-related purchases may be possible with a Procard, but again these must be cleared with Julie Kniseley prior to purchase to ensure University policy compliance.
Faculty can check their account numbers and balances here.
Please notify the department(s) well in advance of guest lecturer travel so staff will be able to process the appropriate paperwork in order to arrange airfare and hotel, and pay travel expenses or honorarium.
Copies: It is generally recommended that instructors make copies of all materials for their courses available free of charge in the library, esp. the PCL. Please contact Library Copier Services for assistance.
Proxy Form: Often faculty will need teaching assistants or, in a pinch, work-study students to check out or renew items in the library on their behalf. Students must be authorized prior to pick-up. The Proxy Authorization form is available online.
Undergraduate course syllabi and instructor-of-record CVs must be uploaded to the Access Syllabi and CVs System beginning the first day of classes and no later seven days after the first day of classes every semester. Instructions are here. Policies and procedures are on the Provost's website at: www.utexas.edu/provost/planning/accountability/hb_2504.
For questions, please contact Valerie Goldstein or call her at 512-232-6302.
Academic Calendars: registrar.utexas.edu/calendars
Catalogs (General Information, Undergraduate, Graduate): registrar.utexas.edu/catalogs
Course Areas (Liberal Arts and University): www.utexas.edu/cola/academic-affairs/course-management/course-proposals.php
Course Instructor Surveys
- Conducting: ctl.utexas.edu/services/CIS/faculty_staff/conducting_surveys
- Deadlines: ctl.utexas.edu/services/CIS/faculty_staff/dates
- FAQ: ctl.utexas.edu/services/CIS/faculty_staff/faqs
- MyCIS: utdirect.utexas.edu/ctl/ecis/results/mycis.WBX
- Policies: ctl.utexas.edu/services/CIS/faculty_staff/policies
- Results: ctl.utexas.edu/services/CIS/students/review_results
- Survey Options: ctl.utexas.edu/services/CIS/faculty_staff/survey_options
- Deadlines: Deadlines are shown in the Grades chapter of the Course Schedule.
- FAQ: registrar.utexas.edu/staff/grades/faq
- Grade Changes: registrar.utexas.edu/staff/grades/changes
- Grade Symbols: registrar.utexas.edu/staff/grades/details
- Overview: registrar.utexas.edu/staff/grades
- Core Curriculum: www.utexas.edu/ugs/core
- Flags: www.utexas.edu/ugs/ccc/flags
- Signature Courses: www.utexas.edu/ugs/sig
Course Scheduling: www.utexas.edu/cola/academic-affairs/course-management/overview.php
Course Inventory: www.utexas.edu/cola/academic-affairs/course-management/course-inventory.php
Teaching Assistant Agreement: Download the College of Liberal Arts TA Agreement here.
Please refer to the Travel and Reimbursements page.
Desktop Support: Please contact the Academic Technology Support (ATS) team at email@example.com or call them at 512-471-5000.
Family-Friendly Policies: Please consult the University's Family Matters webpage for information about childcare, hiring dual career couples, extension of the tenure-track probationary period, Family and Medical Leave, modified instructional duties (MID), sick leave, the Employee Assistance Program, the Employee Discount Program, off-campus housing, and many other family-friendly initiatives.
University Policies: The Provost's Policy Forms page contains a comprehensive list of university policies by topic, as well as links to relevant forms. The best resource for all policy related questions or concerns, including handling scholastic dishonesty, scheduling final exams, searching a student's personal papers or belongings, sexual harassment, and observance of religious holy days.
Notaries: For a list of notaries public on the UT Austin campus, click here.
Campus health and safety resources, such as the Behavior Concerns Advice Line (BCAL), Student Judicial Services (SJS), Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), University of Texas Police Department (UTPD), and more, can be found here.
Below are the different types of the Sociology Department logo and their uses. PDF, PNG (high-resolution image) and/or EPS (for adding to a Word doc or giving to a printer) files are available for each. Click to download. For more information or assistance, please go to: www.utexas.edu/cola/public-affairs/branding-guidelines/department-branding.php.
- Faculty & Research
- Progress through the program
- Forms and instructions
- Graduate students
- Campus health and safety resources
- Undergraduate Program
- Courses in Sociology
- Events & Seminars
- Alumni & Giving
- About & Resources
- Population Research Center
- College of Liberal Arts Centralized Business Services (CBS)
- Campus Climate Response Team
Department of Sociology
The University of Texas at Austin
305 E 23rd St, A1700
Austin, TX 78712-1086
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: