Step 1: Degree Audit
- It is important to verify your eligibility for graduation.
- Create a degree audit by using the Interactive Degree Audit (IDA) system.
- Visit the student affairs office in GEB 2.306 if your audit is lacking degree requirements.
Step 2: Submit Graduation Application
You will submit a graduation application online OR you will complete a graduation application in person at GEB 2.306. Please review the guidelines below regarding online or in-person graduation applications to see which process to use.
Spring 2017 Online Graduation Application is closed. It will open February 2, 2017
You can submit a graduation application online from February 2, 2017 until April 3, 2017 at 5pm if:
- You are currently enrolled at UT Austin (UT Extension or UT Correspondence do NOT count).
- You have credit for at least 120 hours, including current courses, but have not previously earned a Bachelor's degree.
- You have a declared major AND minor.
- You have claimed all Credit-by-Examination needed for degree requirements.
You must complete a graduation application in person in GEB 2.306 February 2, 2017 - May 5, 2017 at 5pm if:
- You do not have at least a 2.0 UT or major GPA.
- You have an incomplete ('X') on your transcript.
- You are concurrently enrolled at UT and another institution. You must to provide proof of enrollment at the other institution. UT must receive all final transcripts by May 19 to guarantee certification for Spring 2017.
- You missed the deadline for the online application.
- You have earned a Bachelor's degree in a prior semester.
Step 3: Application Status
- Already applied? Check your application status here (UT EID).
- Are you eligible for a tuition rebate? Find out here.
- Online Graduation Application Deadline: April 3, 2017 5pm
- In-Person Graduation Application Deadline: May 5, 2017 by 5pm
- University Extension Self-Paced Final Exam Deadline: May 1, 2017
- Transcript Deadline for coursework from other institutions: May 19, 2017 by 5:00pm
- For students participating/walking in the commencement ceremony BUT NOT graduating, deadline to sign the walklist: May 5, 2017.