Spring 2017 applications will be accepted January 17 (8am) - April 28 (5pm).
You may be eligible to apply to graduate in absentia in Spring 2017 if:
- You are pursuing a degree in the College of Liberal Arts, but will not be currently enrolled in any regular University day classes; AND
- You have completed all degree requirements, or will complete any lacking requirements in the Spring 2017 semester.
Step 1: Degree Audit
- All degree requirements must be completed or in progress before the student can begin the in absentia graduation process. For coursework in progress, verification of enrollment (e.g. unofficial transcript, class schedule, etc.) must be provided.
- If you are currently enrolled in a University Extension online course, final exams must be taken by May 1 to guarantee posting degree certification.
- If you are currently enrolled in a course through another institution, transcripts must be received by May 19 to guarantee posting by degree certification.
- If coursework completed in transfer, contact the Office of Admissions at (512) 475-7399 to request credits be posted to your academic record.
- Create a degree audit using the Interactive Degree Audit (IDA) to determine if your academic record is clear.
- Continue to Step 2 if your audit is clear. If not, then contact the Office of Student Affairs at 512-471-4271.
NOTE: If you previously completed coursework in an expired catalog (08-10 or earlier) and did not earn your degree, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 512-471-4271 to discuss your options with an advisor.
Step 2: Financial/Non-Financial Bars
Step 3: Submitting Your Request
Step 4: Confirmation
- An advisor in the College of Liberal Arts Student Division will receive your in absentia application request. If you successfully complete Steps 1 and 2, the advisor will send an email with the appropriate form and instructions.
- Return completed form to the Office of Student Affairs (GEB 2.200). You will receive a confirmation email from our office when your form have been received and sent for processing. You will also receive an email once your application has reached final approval. Please allow at least 2 weeks for processing.