Merit and need-based scholarships for Liberal Arts students. A number of awards are made each semester.
- Period: Competition is held at the beginning of each long semester
- Amount of awards: $1,000 - $2,500
- Award made in semester of application
- Deadline: See scholarship chart
- For full-time undergraduate students currently enrolled in Liberal Arts.
- Completion of a minimum of 30 hours in-residence coursework at time of application.
- UT-Austin GPA of at least 3.25, maximum 3.6999 for fall competition (no max GPA in spring competition).
- NOTE: If you have a 3.7 or above, you may also apply for the Merit Scholarship in the spring semester for next academic year awards.
- Evidence of achievement in leadership and service to the College and community.
- Degree holders will not be considered for this award.
- Submission of a two-page essay
- One letter of recommendation from a UT faculty member.
- A thank you letter will be required, if awarded.
- When you apply online, the first step is filling out your profile; once complete, you will see the scholarships for which you are eligible.
- If the application requires a letter of recommendation, the system will ask you for the e-mail address of the professor you are asking to write a letter of recommendation. The entire process is online, so please do not request a paper version of the letter.
- Please keep in mind that all application materials, including the letter of recommendation, must be received by the deadline.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you must be enrolled full-time.
- Please be sure you have read the information above before you apply online (UT EID login required).
Award winners will be selected by the College Scholarship Committee and announced by the end of the semester in which you apply.
Contact Amelia Shannon in the Gebauer Building, GEB 3.208, or call 512-475-7586.