Merit-based scholarship for a graduating senior who has indicated that s/he will commit the year after graduation to service for the greater good. The intent behind this award is to encourage liberal arts graduates to use their considerable skills in communication and in understanding cultures, histories, philosophies, and literature to affect positive change in the world, be that through service with a non-profit, a for-profit, a city organization, or through a leadership role in creating a non-profit that will benefit society. One award is made per academic year.
- Competition is held annually in spring semesters
- Amount of award: $15,000
- Deadline: See scholarship chart
- Must be a graduating senior in the College of Liberal Arts
- Must apply and be qualified to graduate in spring or summer of 2017
- Must commit the year after graduation to service for the greater good
(the award is not intended for students who will be enrolled in graduate school)
- One essay demonstrating detailed plans for the year after graduation and how you will service the greater good (the award is not intended for students who will be enrolled in graduate school)
- One letter of recommendation from a UT faculty member
- A resume
- Finalists will interview with the selection committee on April 26 between 1 - 2:30pm
- If awarded, a thank you letter will be required
- If awarded, a brief report describing your experience six months to one year after graduation will be required
- When you apply online, the first step is filling out your profile; once complete, you will see the scholarships for which you are eligible.
- The system will ask you for the e-mail address of the professor you are asking to write a letter of recommendation. The entire process is online, so please do not request a paper version of the letter.
- Please keep in mind that all application materials must be received by the deadline.
One award winner will be selected by a College Scholarship Committee and announced by the end of the spring semester. Disbursement will be made at time of graduation.