UTurn assists Liberal Arts students in academic difficulty and reduces the possibility of academic dismissal. By enhancing the learning experience of its students, UTurn creates an academic support network focused on the individual needs of each student and provides strategic resources for students to make well-educated choices for the remainder of their academic career.
- An assigned Academic Coach for regular one-on-one meetings
- Free tutoring and supplemental resources from the Sanger Learning Center
- A student handbook with information on time management, study skills, test taking strategies, and other crucial topics
- Optional Peer Mentoring
- Social activities and events throughout each semester
- Program Workshops: Time Management, Study Skills, Test Taking Strategies, Navigating your Degree, Stress: Health and Wellness, Goal Setting: Short and long-term planning, Preparing for Finals
For more information on UTurn please contact:
Benjamin R. Burnett, M.Ed.
College of Liberal Arts
Office of Student Success
GEB 1.308G; E3800
Austin, TX 78712-2550