Binders of ... : Creating and Assessing Portfolios for Language and Culture
Sat, March 30, 2013 | CBA Events Room, CBA 3.304
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
This one-day workshop will discuss the use of student-generated portfolios in both traditional and hybrid language and culture classes. Prompts for various kinds of materials to include in portfolios, sample student work, and rubrics for assessing the final portfolios will be provided. Suggestions for incorporating portfolios into standard syllabi and curricula will also be discussed.
This workshop offers CPE credit.
Register at the TLC Store: http://links.utexas.edu/cewkwzn by March 27 to receive lunch! A nominal tiered fee is charged to cover materials, refreshments, and lunch.
- All students (including graduate students): $5. (Enter discount code WorkshopStudent when entering payment information.)
- K-12 teachers: $10. (Enter discount code WorkshopK12 when entering payment information.)
- Instructors at institutes of higher learning: $15.
Visit the website for maps and parking directions: http://www.utexas.edu/cola/centers/tlc/events/conferences/portfolio_2013/home.php
Sponsored by: Texas Language Center
- Language Requirement
- Moscow Plus Program
- Giving to the TLC
Texas Language Center
University of Texas at Austin
2505 University Ave, B7800
Austin, Texas 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: