UTeach-Liberal Arts students have two advisors; one in their major, and one in UTeach-Liberal Arts. Our Program Advisors helps students coordinate the coursework for their major along with the UTeach-Liberal Arts course requirements. Students are encouraged to meet with their UTeach-LA Advisor at least once a semester and maintain frequent contact throughout their time in the program.
Advising hours are by appointment only.
If you are a current UTeach student and want to set up an appointment with the advisor, email Eric Bowles with three different times and dates for a possible session. Within the email include your name, UTEID and the reason(s) for wanting to set up an appointment. Please be sure to have done the following before your advising session:
- Print out a current interactive degree audit and be familiar with the contents
- Visit with your departmental advisor first in order to get general questions answered
- Write down specific questions you may have for the advisor
If you are a not yet admitted to UTeach, but want to get more information about the program, please follow these simple steps:
- Read the website thoroughly as it can answer many of your questions.
- Attend an information session (found on the Events section of this website).
- Write down specific questions for the advisor as it makes your advising session more productive.
The UTeach-Liberal Arts advising offices are located in BEL 224.
Once you have followed those three simples steps, please email the advisor with three different times/dates to set up an appointment. Within the email include your name, UTEID and the reason(s) for wanting to set up an appointment.
Sample Course Planners
English Course Planner
Social Studies Course Planner
LOTE Course Planner
Course Planner Template
Undergraduate Course Requirements
English 7-12 Rhetoric & Writing
Social Studies 4-8 History Majors
Social Studies 7-12 Economics Majors
Social Studies 7-12 Geography Majors
Social Studies 7-12 Government Majors
Social Studies 7-12 History Majors
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download from Adobe's website.
Read Advisor Eric Bowles's profile in the Academic Counselors Association's 30 for 30 Member Spotlight
- Field Supervisors
- Cooperating Teachers
- Alumni & Giving
- Undergraduate Program
- Post-Baccalaureate Program
- Current Students
- Certification and Careers
- CT Resources
- Field Supervisor Resources
- Recruiter Resources
University of Texas at Austin
2109 San Jacinto Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: