Professional Development Sequence
Applying to the Professional Development Sequence
The Professional Development Sequence (PDS) is the final two semesters of the UTeach-Liberal Arts program: UTL 640 and UTL 360/670. To be eligible to enter the PDS you must:
- Have successfully completed UTL 101 with the grade of at least B;
- Be enrolled in UTL 202 OR have successfully completed UTL 202 with the grade of at least B;
- Have an overall UT GPA of 2.75 or above;
- Have a GPA of 3.00 in your certification area;
- Meet with a UTeach-Liberal Arts Program Advisor to review your remaining course requirements and to ensure your eligibility;
- Obtain a TEA ID at the TEA Login site;
- Complete an online application at the College of Education PDS Application webpage.
After You Apply
You will receive a secure academic note outlining your acceptance or non-acceptance to the Professional Development Sequence. Any student who is not accepted will be required to file an appeal to petition for continuation in the program (review GPA Policy in the Academic and Performance Policies and Guidelines section of the UTeach-Liberal Arts Student Handbook).
Appeals for the Professional Development Sequence are due to a program advisor no later than 5:00 pm on the last class day of the semester.
College of Education PDS Application webpage
Review Applying to the Professional Development Sequence to ensure eligibility.
- Field Supervisors
- Cooperating Teachers
- Alumni & Giving
- Undergraduate Program
- Post-Baccalaureate Program
- Current Students
- Certification and Careers
- CT Resources
- Field Supervisor Resources
- Recruiter Resources
University of Texas at Austin
2109 San Jacinto Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: